Thread poster: Alison Moir
Alison Moir  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:59
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
Apr 27, 2005

I purchased Freelance 6.5 in December 2003, using a dongle.
Now I have a new laptop without the port for the dongle. I thought I should be able to change to softkey licensing. Trados are trying to charge me 148 Euros for this. That seems a huge amount just for the privilege of using the software I already paid for 18 months ago. Please can anyone help, has anyone been in this situation?
Thanks in advance
Alison

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:59
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Just wait a bit and upgrade to Trados 7 Apr 27, 2005

So you will have to pay, but then get the newest version in exchange. This is what I would do, if I were in your shoes.

Regards
Jerzy

Robert Zawadzki  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:59
English to Polish
+ ...
TRADOS noticed it Apr 27, 2005

They are throwing an upgrade to the bundle when you buy a softkey (at least that is what they promised).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to change to softkey from dongle with 6.5

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs