Thread poster: Anette Herbert
Anette Herbert
Anette Herbert  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:24
English to Swedish
+ ...
Apr 30, 2005

Hi everybody

It has happened a couple of time that translate to fuzzy just goes to the next segment and then stops, even if it is a 100 % match.

I can't find anything about this in the help file and wondered if any of you have come across this and solved it somehow?

I still have Trados 5.5 with Windows XP, and I am working on a Word file converted PDF-file which I suspect is probably the reason but nevertheless I need it to work.

TIA
Anet
... See more
Hi everybody

It has happened a couple of time that translate to fuzzy just goes to the next segment and then stops, even if it is a 100 % match.

I can't find anything about this in the help file and wondered if any of you have come across this and solved it somehow?

I still have Trados 5.5 with Windows XP, and I am working on a Word file converted PDF-file which I suspect is probably the reason but nevertheless I need it to work.

TIA
Anette
Collapse

Marco Simoncini
Marco Simoncini  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:24
English to Italian
+ ...
Don't ask me why but... Apr 30, 2005

[quote]Anette Herbert wrote:

Hi everybody

Just click on workbench window and then on word window again. TTF will work. It seems that with workbench you are able to have TWO active windows at the same time, and if the workbench one is active, as you know, TTF stops. BTW It's a good trick when you start a translate to fuzzy for mistake and you want to stop it: just click on the workbench window.

Hope this helps...

Anette Herbert
Anette Herbert  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:24
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It helped! Apr 30, 2005

Thank you Marco!

So THAT is what you do, you wouldn't believe how many times I wished I could have stopped TTF when it was running.

ps. You still haven't found that Swedish song text then?

Best regards
Anette

Just click on workbench window and then on word window again. TTF will work. It seems that with workbench you are able to have TWO active windows at the same ti
... See more
Thank you Marco!

So THAT is what you do, you wouldn't believe how many times I wished I could have stopped TTF when it was running.

ps. You still haven't found that Swedish song text then?

Best regards
Anette

Just click on workbench window and then on word window again. TTF will work. It seems that with workbench you are able to have TWO active windows at the same time, and if the workbench one is active, as you know, TTF stops. BTW It's a good trick when you start a translate to fuzzy for mistake and you want to stop it: just click on the workbench window.

Hope this helps...[/quote]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translate to fuzzy does not work

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »