Mobile menu

Multiterm disappeared on Word
Thread poster: Valerie Benon

Valerie Benon
Local time: 02:37
English to French
May 12, 2005

I have the 6.5 version of Trados and used to have Multiterm in Word which was quite helful. It has now disappeared (?) but the file Trados6.dos is still in the Templates & Adds-in. Does anyone know how to fix that problem?
Thanks a lot!
Valérie

Direct link Reply with quote

Derek Gill Franßen  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Toolbar or Menu Item? May 12, 2005

I am so new at Trados myself, that I probably can't help much. But perhaps it is still there and it is the toolbar that is missing.

If you click on menu item "View" and then on "Toolbars", you will see a list of the toolbars that are available and those that are shown (with a check). Down near the bottom of that list (at least in mine) there is the entry "MultiTermiX" - it needs to be checked for the toolbar to become visible.

If the MultiTerm menu item is gone, I can't help you (unfortunately).

Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 21:37
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Go to TOOL > Templates May 13, 2005

and click on the "multiterm" box. If already clicked, don't follow what I've just said.

Go to "SEE" (show??) > Toolbar , click on "MultitermiX".

Please note that my MS Word is in Spanish and the menu names in English could be different.

Regards,

Clarisa

Valerie Benon
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Multiterm menu is gone May 13, 2005

This is the 2nd solution, Multiterm menu is totally gone but thank you for your help!!

Derek Gill Franßen wrote:

I am so new at Trados myself, that I probably can't help much. But perhaps it is still there and it is the toolbar that is missing.

If you click on menu item "View" and then on "Toolbars", you will see a list of the toolbars that are available and those that are shown (with a check). Down near the bottom of that list (at least in mine) there is the entry "MultiTermiX" - it needs to be checked for the toolbar to become visible.

If the MultiTerm menu item is gone, I can't help you (unfortunately).

Valerie Benon
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
I do not have any multiterm box anymore May 13, 2005

I understood it had to deal with "Multitermix" but as I do not have the multiterm box in Word, I don't have enough knowledge to fix this problem.
Thank you Clarisa!!!

Clarisa Moraña wrote:

and click on the "multiterm" box. If already clicked, don't follow what I've just said.

Go to "SEE" (show??) > Toolbar , click on "MultitermiX".

Please note that my MS Word is in Spanish and the menu names in English could be different.

Regards,

Clarisa

Xiaobin Liu
China
Local time: 08:37
English to Chinese
more problems Jul 5, 2005

winxp sp2
office2003
multiterm ix 6.0.2
freelance 6.5.5 439

I had same problem with finding the multiterm Icons on ms word toolbar, after painful reading of lots of manuals, I tried to copy multiterm.dot file into the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\STARTUP folder, and it did work, the multiterm icon and buttons showed up on office toolbar, however, when i tried to add new entry into the termbase I made from word, it didn't work, a message display "...is being add, please wait"; but if I did it directly on multiterm, the entry is added successfully, I wonder if there is any help out there

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Outdated MTiX version Jul 5, 2005

Hi Lewis,
winxp sp2
office2003
multiterm ix 6.0.2
freelance 6.5.5 439

Not 100% certain if this is the core of the problem, but you're using an outdated MultiTerm version - 6.0.2.217 was replaced in summer of 2003. Contact Trados for the old upgrade package.

Best regards, Ralf

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Tools - Templates and Add-ins Jul 5, 2005

Hi Valérie,
Unfortunately you didn't specify which MultiTerm version you're using, so I cannot be more specific...

I understood it had to deal with "Multitermix" but as I do not have the multiterm box in Word, I don't have enough knowledge to fix this problem.

...not sure what you mean by a "MultiTerm box in Word". Just like the Workbench interface (which uses trados6.dot), the Word/MT interface is controlled by macros contained in a template (MultiTermiX.dot), which must be active in Word. You can check this in Tools - Templates and Add-ins - to start MultiTermiX.dot automatically, you will need to copy it into your Office Startup folder (which is different for different versions of Word - which one are you using?).

Best regards,
Ralf

Valerie Benon
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
I solved the problem Jul 5, 2005

Hello Ralf,

I work on Trados 6.5. Multiterm was ticked in my Templates and Add-ins but nothing appeared and I couldn't use it on a word document.
I solved the problem by replacing my normal.dot by Multitermix.dot.

Best regards,

Valérie

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Valérie,
Unfortunately you didn't specify which MultiTerm version you're using, so I cannot be more specific...

...not sure what you mean by a "MultiTerm box in Word". Just like the Workbench interface (which uses trados6.dot), the Word/MT interface is controlled by macros contained in a template (MultiTermiX.dot), which must be active in Word. You can check this in Tools - Templates and Add-ins - to start MultiTermiX.dot automatically, you will need to copy it into your Office Startup folder (which is different for different versions of Word - which one are you using?).

Best regards,
Ralf

Melina Ruiz Arias  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Can't add Multiterm toolbar Nov 27, 2008

Hi everyone..
I've been having some trouble adding my Multiterm toolbar to Word. I've read the instructions and I've visited the forum and found Xiaobin Liu's fix which I tried immediately. I did not work though. I will appreciate any ideas you guys might have to fix my problem. I've never created a multiterm databe from scratch.
I've added the .dot multiterm using add-ons in my Templates option. It's already checked, but it won't appear as a toolbar.
I'm using Word 2003, and Multiterm 7
Windows Vista

Any ideas?
Thanks a lot!!

Xiaobin Liu wrote:

winxp sp2
office2003
multiterm ix 6.0.2
freelance 6.5.5 439

I had same problem with finding the multiterm Icons on ms word toolbar, after painful reading of lots of manuals, I tried to copy multiterm.dot file into the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\STARTUP folder, and it did work, the multiterm icon and buttons showed up on office toolbar, however, when i tried to add new entry into the termbase I made from word, it didn't work, a message display "...is being add, please wait"; but if I did it directly on multiterm, the entry is added successfully, I wonder if there is any help out there

Emi04
German to French
+ ...
an idea... Nov 27, 2008

Hi Melina

just an idea ...

You probably tried it already but could it be a word toolbar problem? if you try and click right on top of the document where the other toolbars are and check in your toolbar list if it's ticked?

Best regards

Emilie

Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
not even listed in my toolbar Nov 28, 2008

Hi Emi94, thanks for your reply. I've tried checking the toolbar list ..but it won't show there. I've checked I have it listed in templates/add-ons .. It's there and it's checked. But I can't find the toolbar.
I've also copied the .dot file into the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\STARTUP folder ...but same thing ..

S.O.S !!!
thank you all

Valerie Benon
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Multiterm toolbar Nov 28, 2008

Hi Melina,

Do you have the problem since you are under Vista?
I have had many problems with Trados since I work under Vista, this is why I'm asking you this. I cannot use it correctly neither but it appears in Word though!
What about contacting Trados directly?
Good luck!!
Valérie

Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Under Vista ..yes Nov 28, 2008

Hi Valerie ..yes ..I'm working under Windows Vista. I don't know why XP is about to become extinct !!! I should contact Trados directly then ... I thought it was me doing something silly or my lack of experience with Multiterm ..

Thanks a lot
Regards,
Melina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm disappeared on Word

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs