Mobile menu

Keyboard remapping for use with TagEditor
Thread poster: xxxOTMed
Local time: 18:23
English to Polish
+ ...
May 20, 2005

Hello All,

I need to remap/assign standard TagEditor keystroke combinations with numeric keypad so that I could use non-numeric keys (e.g. alt+backspace instead of alt+numeric star key).

Its quite simple to remap TW keys in MS Word but seemingly the only way to change generic key combinations for use in TagEditor is to remap the keyboard.

Could perhaps anyone recommend the best way of approaching this proble and/or an useful remapper?

Direct link Reply with quote

Jabberwock  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:23
Member (2004)
English to Polish
AutoHotKey May 21, 2005

I use AutoHotKey for this purpose... It is quite easy and flexible. And what is best, it is open source!

Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
KDrive32 May 21, 2005

I am happy with KDrive32 (German) for 17,40 €

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:23
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
Keyboard Layout Manager May 22, 2005

I don't know anything about TagEditor, but I have used Keyboard Layout Manager to remap a Cyrillic keyboard.
This shareware is available from:

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Keyboard remapping for use with TagEditor

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs