Need help with Trados TeamWorks
Thread poster: LindaMcM

LindaMcM  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:43
Swedish to German
+ ...
May 21, 2005

Hi,

I have been surfing the internet for a while, and I thought I better post my problem here before I start tearing my hair out.

My client wants me to work with Trados TeamWorks. Not my favourite tool, indeed.

This time I am confronted with a problem, a big one.

Today I have been translating the whole day (using Workbench/TagEditor ("set close next no 100% open get"), opening files via TeamWorks). I would say I have translated more than 3000 words and that's also the way I feel. As I can't use the normal Workbench analysis function I have no idea how many words I actually have translated.
When I surf through the TeamWorks options I can't find a similar analysis tool but I found the report. All included files are listed with the word count of each file. Great, I can use a calculator and just sum up the word count of the files I have worked on.

But: when I do this I come to a result which is far away from 3000 words. More precisely: 189 words (without 100% and repetitions).
It's absolutely impossible that I have only translated 189 words this day (I mean, I know what I have been doing since early this morning!).

I have sent an e-mail to my client but of course I won't get any information before Monday but I have to translate about 6000 words (according to the total word count of the report) this weekend, to keep the deadline - and today I have "managed" 189!

Any suggestion, hint, idea is very, very appreciated!

Regards, Linda

I nearly forgot to mention the details:
Trados Freelance, 6.5.5.438, Build 439
Trados TeamWorks, 2.0.1.586

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need help with Trados TeamWorks

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs