Thread poster: Richard Hall
Richard Hall
Richard Hall  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:17
Italian to English
+ ...
May 26, 2005

For some reason, after installing Windows XP SP2, my copy of Trados Term Extract stopped recognising its licence key. I have made no hardware changes and browse the application to the copy of the licence key on the file. Has anyone else also experienced this problem and is there a work around? It's making me very dubious about converting my dongle to a soft key as part of the upgrade to Trados 7.

Thanks for any help.

Dr. Janos Annus (X)
Dr. Janos Annus (X)  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 14:17
English to Hungarian
+ ...
No Problem with TRados after SP2 May 26, 2005

I installed Win XP SP2 yesterday, I have no problem with Trados applications, including multiterm; though I do not have (or don't know where it is) Term Extract. I have soft licence key. I know this does not help much, just telling my experience.

Giles Watson
Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 14:17
Italian to English
In memoriam
Similar problem May 26, 2005

Hi Richard,

I had a similar problem with the Term Extract softkey after reformating my computer's hard disk. I sent a request to Trados support in Switzerland but by the time they got back to me the next day, the problem had sorted itself out. All I had done was to run and shut down Term Extract a few times.

If you opt for a Workbench softkey, be careful not to store the WB softkey file in the same folder as the Term Extract softkey file.

For some reason,
... See more
Hi Richard,

I had a similar problem with the Term Extract softkey after reformating my computer's hard disk. I sent a request to Trados support in Switzerland but by the time they got back to me the next day, the problem had sorted itself out. All I had done was to run and shut down Term Extract a few times.

If you opt for a Workbench softkey, be careful not to store the WB softkey file in the same folder as the Term Extract softkey file.

For some reason, they are both called license.lic.

Cheers,

Giles
Collapse

Richard Hall
Richard Hall  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:17
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks May 27, 2005

I'm happy to hear that I'm not the only one. Trados told me that they had never heard of the problem before. They're still working on it. Apparently the numer of my ethernet card somehow automatically changed.

Thanks for the tip about storing soft licence keys.

Richard

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Term Extract Soft Licence Key

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »