Thread poster: Yngve Roennike
Yngve Roennike
Yngve Roennike
Local time: 15:17
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Extending a segment, how to? May 29, 2005

Yes, I've tried that and read all the instructions in the help manuals. So far I think I succeeded only once. It may be that there is an end or paragraph mark present, so what can be done about it? I'll see if I can detect what's there.

Funny thing, you discover the problem normally only when you've advanced to the next TU. Then you have to go back to the previous TU in order to remedy and do the expand.

However, the instructions say only you can use the Alt Ctrl Page
... See more
Yes, I've tried that and read all the instructions in the help manuals. So far I think I succeeded only once. It may be that there is an end or paragraph mark present, so what can be done about it? I'll see if I can detect what's there.

Funny thing, you discover the problem normally only when you've advanced to the next TU. Then you have to go back to the previous TU in order to remedy and do the expand.

However, the instructions say only you can use the Alt Ctrl Page Down command to expand the segment, but fail to go into details.

Where exactly should the cursor be placed in the translation unit? At the start, end, etc. in the open input TU? Or maybe in the source TU (if cursor location is the problem).

Yngve

[Edited at 2005-05-29 05:55]
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:17
English to German
+ ...
Remove the paragraph mark May 29, 2005

Good morning, Yngve,
Well, I discovered that there is indeed an end or paragraph mark between these segments that belong together. So what can be done about it?

Remove the paragraph mark. To prevent damaging tags, you should restore source for both segements concerned before 'killing' the paragraph mark.

Best regards,
Ralf

Yngve Roennike
Yngve Roennike
Local time: 15:17
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
A word of appreciation. May 29, 2005

I really do appreciate everybody's assistance, I would not have been able to progress the way I have without it.

I was told it was really simply, nothing to it, to get going, but alas.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The basics, support

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »