Termbase file structure: Multiterm iX version 6.2
Thread poster: Eric Johnson
Eric Johnson
United States
Local time: 05:42
French to English
+ ...
May 27, 2005

What is the file structure of a Termbase, and how does one make a backup copy of a termbase? Where are the files, and which files are essential to keep when cleaning up Multiterm data directories. This might be in the Termbase documentation, but I can't seem to find it.

I have created a Multiterm termbase, and after several trial and error sessions I've imported new data from several sources. I would now like to clean up my directories and delete all of the unused files that were created in all test conversions, etc. I do not know which files I should keep and which ones to delete. I also don't seem to be able to locate the main termbase I've created, it seems that the name of the termbase is not the same as the files I see in the termbase directory in the Multiterm parent directory.

Direct link Reply with quote
Robert Zawadzki  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:42
English to Polish
+ ...
Export to a separate directory, delete everything, create a new TM and import. May 27, 2005

I do it at least once a year to keep everything in order.

[Edited at 2005-05-27 19:47]

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:42
English to German
+ ...
'Friendly' termbase names vs. file names May 27, 2005

Hi Eric,
As you correctly observed, the file names do not directly correspond to the 'friendly' termbase names you created. You can check for the current file name/friendly name assignment in the MTMaster.mdb file (do not change any assignment in there!).

I regularly duplicate my termbases between the desktop and my laptop. It's essential to use exactly the same directory structure on both machines - in which case you can simply duplicate the entire directory.

Best regards,

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Termbase file structure: Multiterm iX version 6.2

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs