Mobile menu

Updating memory from a previous uncleaned translation
Thread poster: Lagom
Lagom  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:38
Swedish to English
May 30, 2005

Can somebody please help me with some simple instructions on how to create and then update a translation memory from a previous uncleaned translation.

I am using Trados 6.5 Freelance

Thanks!
Ben

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:38
English to German
+ ...
Tools - Cleanup - Update TM May 30, 2005

Hi Benjamin,
I take it the "previous uncleaned" translation was created using Trados.

To import the segments contained, use the Update TM radio button setting in the Tools - Cleanup dialogue. It may be a good idea to do create a new TM for this purpose - if you prefer to use an existing one, check the options in Options - Translation Memory Options - General - Updating attribute and text fields.

Best regards,
Ralf

Lagom  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:38
Swedish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Yes the uncleaned file was created with Trados May 30, 2005

Hi,
Thanks for your quick response! I am new to Trados and have received a job from an agency where they gave me several uncleaned files to 'update' my memory for the translation (using Trados freelance 6.5). I am working in Word 2003. Please excuse my ignorance but I am just a beginner...! Ben

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Updating memory from a previous uncleaned translation

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs