Updating memory from a previous uncleaned translation
Thread poster: Lagom
Lagom
Lagom  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:23
Swedish to English
May 30, 2005

Can somebody please help me with some simple instructions on how to create and then update a translation memory from a previous uncleaned translation.

I am using Trados 6.5 Freelance

Thanks!
Ben

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:23
English to German
+ ...
Tools - Cleanup - Update TM May 30, 2005

Hi Benjamin,
I take it the "previous uncleaned" translation was created using Trados.

To import the segments contained, use the Update TM radio button setting in the Tools - Cleanup dialogue. It may be a good idea to do create a new TM for this purpose - if you prefer to use an existing one, check the options in Options - Translation Memory Options - General - Updating attribute and text fields.

Best regards,
Ralf

Lagom
Lagom  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:23
Swedish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Yes the uncleaned file was created with Trados May 30, 2005

Hi,
Thanks for your quick response! I am new to Trados and have received a job from an agency where they gave me several uncleaned files to 'update' my memory for the translation (using Trados freelance 6.5). I am working in Word 2003. Please excuse my ignorance but I am just a beginner...! Ben

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Updating memory from a previous uncleaned translation

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »