Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
France
Local time: 06:36
German to English
+ ...
May 30, 2005

Hi!

I'm having a tag editor clean up problem with an Excel file. I have checked to make sure that the names of the individual worksheets in my translation are less than 31 characters long, but still the file refuses to clean up, no matter whether I use "save target file as" or try to clean the file up in workbench.

I get the following message:

Connection with server application error:
Document structure error:
Total remuneration of members of m
... See more
Hi!

I'm having a tag editor clean up problem with an Excel file. I have checked to make sure that the names of the individual worksheets in my translation are less than 31 characters long, but still the file refuses to clean up, no matter whether I use "save target file as" or try to clean the file up in workbench.

Total remuneration of members of management and the Supervisory Board from worksheet:1 does not exist in sheet. Please check if the structure of TRADOSTag document or the workbook was changed

I have not changed the structure of the document.

HELP! I'm tearing my hair out here....

I've got 6.5.2.417 and Windows XP, Excel 2000.

Thanks guys
Collapse

Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
German to French
Save target as... May 30, 2005

Hi Alison,

Did you try the "Save target as"-command in the File menu of TagEditor?

I had a similar problem once (and you too, I know and it turned out that a cell of my Excel sheet was beginning with the sign "=", which can not be handled by TE... did you check that already?

HTH,
Sylvain

Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
France
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tried saving target as - no joy :-( May 30, 2005

Sylvain Leray wrote:
I had a similar problem once (and you too, I know and it turned out that a cell of my Excel sheet was beginning with the sign "=", which can not be handled by TE... did you check that already?

No - how do I do that?

Alison

Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
France
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I've tried searching for = May 30, 2005

Hi Sylvian!

I've tried searching for = in the Excel file, and only found one occurance of =. I've replaced this and searched for the one word contained in that cell in the Tag Editor file - to no avail

Any other ideas?

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Worksheet name? May 30, 2005

Hi Alison,
This is just a hunch...
(cell) Total remuneration of members of management and the Supervisory Board (/cell) from worksheet:1 does not exist in sheet. Please check if the structure of TRADOSTag document or the workbook was changed

Not 100% sure if Excel 2k supports this function, but is there perhaps a name in that spreadsheet, which may have been affected? (Insert - Names - Define)

Might be worth posting a note on TW_users...

Cheers, Ralf

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 22:36
English to German
+ ...
max. 30 characters? May 30, 2005

Alison Riddell-Kachur wrote:
...I have checked to make sure that the names of the individual worksheets in my translation are less than 31 characters long, but still the file refuses to clean up, no matter whether I use "save target file as" or try to clean the file up in workbench.

Total remuneration of members of management and the Supervisory Board from worksheet:1 does not exist in sheet. Please check if the structure of TRADOSTag document or the workbook was changed...

I did not know this restriction, but isn't this a name of a worksheet with 70 characters (including spaces)?

Or as Ralf said, maybe a name in worksheet 1?
Then it should be visible in the dropdown menu on the left side of the "Bearbeitungsleiste".

[Edited at 2005-05-30 19:34]

Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
France
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Already posted to TW users May 30, 2005

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Might be worth posting a note on TW_users...

Cheers, Ralf

Done that - no feedback yet

Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
France
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It's the content of a cell May 30, 2005

Harry_B wrote:

I did not know this restriction, but isn't this a name of a worksheet with 70 characters (including spaces)?

Or as Ralf said, maybe a name in worksheet 1?
Then it should be visible in the dropdown menu on the left side of the "Bearbeitungsleiste".

[Edited at 2005-05-30 19:34]

Hi Harry!

It's the content of a cell in the worksheet I am working on, not the name of a worksheet.

Best,

Alison

cius
cius
English to Hungarian
+ ...
worksheet names cause the problem Jan 9, 2009

In case anyone still encounters the problem posted here, the solution is to leave worksheet names (tabs at the bottom of excel workbook) as they are in the ttx file, or at least make sure they are not longer than the original names, and do not contain any illegal characters. Identify worksheet names in the ttx, revert those translation units to source, and now you should be able to save target without a glitch.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag editor clean-up problem!!!

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »