No translation unit seems to be open
Thread poster: Lagom
Lagom
Lagom  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:41
Swedish to English
May 31, 2005

If I try to select 'set close' or similar function in the green box for a translated segment nothing happens and the following message appears at the bottom of the screen 'No translation unit seems to be open' Help!!

Freelance 6.5 running in Word 2003 on Windows XP SP2

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:41
English to German
+ ...
Fix document May 31, 2005

Hi Benjamin,
Does the Fix document command (in the Trados menu in Word) solve the problem?

Best regards, Ralf

Lagom
Lagom  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:41
Swedish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Problem Solved May 31, 2005

Hi Ralf,

Thank you again for your help and I apologise for not responding sooner as I managed to resolve the problem and needed to meet a deadline!

The fix function did not work but instead I highlighted both the yellow and green (source and translated) segments and was able to delete them and enter the text manually and then resume with Trados from the next sentence!

Ben

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No translation unit seems to be open

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »