https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/32923-trados_65_freelance_query_changing_text_display_in_word.html

Trados 6.5 freelance query - changing text display in Word
Thread poster: Lagom
Lagom
Lagom  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:50
Swedish to English
Jun 1, 2005

Probably a very simple question as I am a Trados beginner!

I am using Word and the text has changed to showing both the source and translated segments together with the percentage of every match/fuzzy match!

How do I get back to a normal view?

Thanks, Ben

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-06-01 14:02]

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:50
English to German
+ ...
Trados KB / Forum search Jun 1, 2005

Hi Benjamin,
Article 785 from the Trados Knowledge Base explain how to define settings in Word.

You may also want to try out the forum search function - try 'display hidden text', for example, and you will find a number of threads covering this issue.

Also, I note you attempted to post the topic twice - please note that forum posts by non-Platinum memb
... See more
Hi Benjamin,
Article 785 from the Trados Knowledge Base explain how to define settings in Word.

You may also want to try out the forum search function - try 'display hidden text', for example, and you will find a number of threads covering this issue.

Also, I note you attempted to post the topic twice - please note that forum posts by non-Platinum members without verified ID are vetted by moderators before going live - see the FAQ for details.

Best regards,
Ralf
Collapse

espurna
espurna
Spain
Local time: 06:50
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
It is the standard Jun 1, 2005

Hi Ben,

This is how Trados uses to work as default.
If you just want to see the rtanslated text just go to "Tools > Options > View" in Word and uncheck "Hidden text". How ever, this is a dangerous way to work, as iot is more easy delete codes and so on.
In my opinion, it is better go working viewing hidden text to avoid surprises. Once you have finished, you can hide the hidden text to spellcheck and proofread the job.
When all (and I mean all) the work is done,
... See more
Hi Ben,

This is how Trados uses to work as default.
If you just want to see the rtanslated text just go to "Tools > Options > View" in Word and uncheck "Hidden text". How ever, this is a dangerous way to work, as iot is more easy delete codes and so on.
In my opinion, it is better go working viewing hidden text to avoid surprises. Once you have finished, you can hide the hidden text to spellcheck and proofread the job.
When all (and I mean all) the work is done, you can clean up the file ("Tools > Clean up" in Trados) if you really do not need the original text within the file (this depens on your customer instructions).

Regards,

Joaquim
Collapse

Lagom
Lagom  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:50
Swedish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for the help Jun 1, 2005

Thank you for your help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 6.5 freelance query - changing text display in Word

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »