Thread poster: Valentina Viali
Valentina Viali
Valentina Viali  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 03:39
English to Italian
Jun 1, 2005

Hi everybody!
I just installed Trados 6.5 and indicated the languages I work with (English and Italian) plus some other languages I have studied so to have them available... one never knows. I think that I accidentally removed Italian (TARGET LANGUAGE!!!) from the list during installation process and now I do not have it among the working languages. I tried to disinstall Trados and reinstall it but everything is just the same. Is there anyway to change the choice of languages manually?
... See more
Hi everybody!
I just installed Trados 6.5 and indicated the languages I work with (English and Italian) plus some other languages I have studied so to have them available... one never knows. I think that I accidentally removed Italian (TARGET LANGUAGE!!!) from the list during installation process and now I do not have it among the working languages. I tried to disinstall Trados and reinstall it but everything is just the same. Is there anyway to change the choice of languages manually?

Thanks to everybody for any help!

Valentina
Collapse

Giles Watson
Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
In memoriam
Start again... Jun 1, 2005

Hi Valentina,

You should be able to change your language selections when you reinstall Trados. The installation wizard will present you with a menu (see page 36 of the Getting Started with Trados 6.5 Freelance PDF, in the Trados\T65_FL\Doc\English folder).

If you still can't find Italian and think you may have damaged the installation program, you could use your back-up copy, or download a fresh copy from the Trados website and use that, after uninstalling the "Italian-
... See more
Hi Valentina,

You should be able to change your language selections when you reinstall Trados. The installation wizard will present you with a menu (see page 36 of the Getting Started with Trados 6.5 Freelance PDF, in the Trados\T65_FL\Doc\English folder).

If you still can't find Italian and think you may have damaged the installation program, you could use your back-up copy, or download a fresh copy from the Trados website and use that, after uninstalling the "Italian-free" version.

I don't think there is any way of altering the language selections once the program is installed, though.

HTH

Giles

[Edited at 2005-06-01 17:06]
Collapse

Valentina Viali
Italy
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Giles fort your suggestion, but... Jun 8, 2005

I uninstalled and reinstalled Trados several times, changed the language choices but still I have English, German, Spanish and French in the language drop down menu... I cannot understand why...??!!
I also tried to install Trados in another PC, and again the same result: Englih, German, Spanish and French, although when required I indicated English, Italian and French as my choice!!!!!!!
I followed also your suggestion and re-downloaded the program from Trados Website... still no goo
... See more
I uninstalled and reinstalled Trados several times, changed the language choices but still I have English, German, Spanish and French in the language drop down menu... I cannot understand why...??!!
I also tried to install Trados in another PC, and again the same result: Englih, German, Spanish and French, although when required I indicated English, Italian and French as my choice!!!!!!!
I followed also your suggestion and re-downloaded the program from Trados Website... still no good results.
Probably it is my fault: but I do not understand when I fail and what should I do. I was also thinking of asking to Trados to e-mail me the Italian .dll, but will it work!

I have bought this program last week and still I cannot use it, this drives me crazy!!!!

I hope I will find a solution soon.

Ciao!

Valentina
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Several installations? Jun 8, 2005

Hi Valentina,
Could it be that you accidentally created several (parallel) installations of Trados (which would not be fully deinstalled)?

If that isn't the cause, I would suggest you contact Trados support.

Best regards, Ralf

Valentina Viali
Italy
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
It could be... Jun 8, 2005

on one computer... but what about the other one? This is the fact that concerns me: I installed the program on another PC and obtained the same results. I selected English, Italian and French and I had English, Spanish, German and French on the Workbench.

I do not understand...!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Choice of languages on Trados 6.5

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »