Interleaf en-cz with Trados 5.0?
Thread poster: JarnoHakulinen
JarnoHakulinen
JarnoHakulinen
Local time: 02:52
English
Jun 10, 2005

I have a problem with translating Interleaf files from English into Czech with Trados 5.0.

There is no language selection in S-Tagger for Interleaf Edition 3 (build 7), so I chose "none" as the target language. Conversion works fine, translation works fine (all the letters look ok in Word), and conversion back to Interleaf works fine.

But when I open the file in Quicksilver, many of the Czech letters are wrong.

Can you help me with the problem? Thank you ve
... See more
I have a problem with translating Interleaf files from English into Czech with Trados 5.0.

There is no language selection in S-Tagger for Interleaf Edition 3 (build 7), so I chose "none" as the target language. Conversion works fine, translation works fine (all the letters look ok in Word), and conversion back to Interleaf works fine.

But when I open the file in Quicksilver, many of the Czech letters are wrong.

Can you help me with the problem? Thank you very much.
Collapse

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
Local time: 01:52
German to English
+ ...
Interleaf has a problem with unicode Jun 13, 2005

Hello,

the Problem is located in Interelaf. You must enable Interleaf to work with unicode and the change the original used fonts to an unicode fonts.

If i remeber right, there will stay a problem with some characters which will be changed. It is possible to change the problematic characters in the RTF files into a coded format before you convert them back to Interleaf.

Hans

JarnoHakulinen
JarnoHakulinen
English
TOPIC STARTER
Cz character codes? Jun 14, 2005

Thanks for the information.

Now I just need the character codes for the Czech characters. Does anyone know a good place to find them?

Thank you,
-Jarno

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
In MS Word, go to the menu Insert > Symbol Jun 14, 2005

You can find all codes there (you may have to switch to "unicode" in the "from:" dropdown)

Antonin

JarnoHakulinen
JarnoHakulinen
English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jun 14, 2005

Thank you! Of course, I should have remembered Word. I hope that this solves our problem...

-Jarno

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Word Codes <> Interleaf codes Jun 14, 2005

Hello,

I'm not sure, that Interleaf and Word uses the same codes.

Maybe it will be a better way to insert the needed characters in Interleaf and save the Interleaf file as Interleaf ASCII file.
After this you can look into the Ascii file (the Interleaf doc file) and search for the correct code.

Hans

JarnoHakulinen
JarnoHakulinen
English
TOPIC STARTER
How to insert Czech characters in Interleaf? Jun 14, 2005

Are not Unicode hex codes supposed to be universal?

How will I be able to insert the Czech characters in Interleaf (I'm working with Quicksilver)?

-Jarno

Arctic fox
Arctic fox
German to English
Characters with Hacek Mar 19, 2007

Did you ever find a way to solve this problem? It's not only Czech that's affected but also Polish, Slovenian, etc.

After conversion to Quicksilver I go through a table of wrong characters, converting them to the correct ones (using the character code in the Replace box) but what gets me most is that the žŽ disappear completely and have to be searched for in the ttx or rtf Document and then created in the Quicksilver document.

I don't speak any of these languages and
... See more
Did you ever find a way to solve this problem? It's not only Czech that's affected but also Polish, Slovenian, etc.

After conversion to Quicksilver I go through a table of wrong characters, converting them to the correct ones (using the character code in the Replace box) but what gets me most is that the žŽ disappear completely and have to be searched for in the ttx or rtf Document and then created in the Quicksilver document.

I don't speak any of these languages and just get the files for conversion back to Quicksilver from external translators. The risk of overlooking a wrong character is quite big and requires a systematic search in each and every document.

If you found a better way, please let me know.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Interleaf en-cz with Trados 5.0?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »