Laure Delpech  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 09:33
Member (2004)
English to French
Jun 16, 2005

Hi,

I use Tageditor 6.5.5.438.

After translating an .xtg file with Tageditor, I have tried to clean the resulting .xtg.ttx file.

But after seemingly cleaning the file, Trados returns the message "(5) Accès refusé" (access refused), displays the whole path to the file it is trying to clean.

What's more, the Close button stays greyed out, so the only way to close Workbench is by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del.

Also, it is odd that Workben
... See more
Hi,

I use Tageditor 6.5.5.438.

After translating an .xtg file with Tageditor, I have tried to clean the resulting .xtg.ttx file.

But after seemingly cleaning the file, Trados returns the message "(5) Accès refusé" (access refused), displays the whole path to the file it is trying to clean.

What's more, the Close button stays greyed out, so the only way to close Workbench is by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del.

Also, it is odd that Workbench sends the message in French, as I have chosen English for Trados. So the message seems to come from Windows (I use the French version of Windows XP).

If you have an idea on how I could clean my xtg.ttx file, please let me know.

Laure
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Closed all files? Jun 16, 2005

Hi Laure,
This is perhaps glaringly obvious, but just to make sure... Have you closed both the TTX file and the underlying .xtg file before cleanup?

If that's not it, do you get the same message when using the Save target as... command in TagEditor?

Best regards,
Ralf

Laure Delpech
Laure Delpech  Identity Verified
France
Member (2004)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, I had closed the files Jun 16, 2005

Ralf Lemster wrote:

If that's not it, do you get the same message when using the Save target as... command in TagEditor?

Your solution worked. I saved the TTX file to another folder and Workbench let me clean it there.

Thank you very much,
Laure

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Refused access when cleaning xtg.ttx file

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »