NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 22:40
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

Jun 23, 2005

Evening all,

I'm using Word XP, Win XP, Trados 6.5.5.438.

when I click translate to fuzzy, I have to move my cursor away from the toolbar and into the page area for the next segment to open.

Also, when typing my cursor disappears and I can't use ctrl + arrow to jump over words as I'm used to doing, but rahter must clik on them to see where I'm at!

Any ideas on how to change this,
... See more
Evening all,

I'm using Word XP, Win XP, Trados 6.5.5.438.

when I click translate to fuzzy, I have to move my cursor away from the toolbar and into the page area for the next segment to open.

Also, when typing my cursor disappears and I can't use ctrl + arrow to jump over words as I'm used to doing, but rahter must clik on them to see where I'm at!

Any ideas on how to change this, is it a view thingie (although I doubt it, I already loooked at everything there) or some other command I inadvertently entered?

Many thanks in advance!

Nancy
Collapse

Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
France
Local time: 04:40
German to English
+ ...
Have you tried the keyboard shortcut? Jun 23, 2005

NancyLynn wrote:

Have you tried the keyboard shortcut? I like to use them because I find it a bit faster, but there are horses for courses...

Translate to fuzzy is Alt plus the star on your number pad.

Do you still have the same problem that way?

Best,

Alison

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

glitches in Word: lost cursor + reluctant segment

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »