Mobile menu

Target view only in word
Thread poster: Josie St-Amour

Josie St-Amour
Local time: 19:47
English to French
Jun 24, 2005

I am using Trados 6.5 Freelance and Word 2003 (I used to have Trados 6 and Word 2000)

Now, I see the source and Target language when it was possible for me to only see the target before.

What can I do to only see either the source or target language in a word file??

Direct link Reply with quote

Anette Herbert  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:47
English to Swedish
+ ...
It is the best way Jun 24, 2005

Hi Josie,

It is the safest way to translate with both target and source language in view, as the chance of inadvertantly deleting any squiggly purple brackets (tags) are the least then.
It is however a good idea to change to target view for checking your translation afterwards, just go too Tools-Option-View or Show and untick hidden text.
If you want to change anything you can still go into the segment with Open/Get in Trados,but you already know this if this is how you have been working.
But if you run into trouble because "the

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Target view only in word

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs