Maria Eugenia Roca Rodriguez  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 07:56
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 25, 2005

Hi,

I have a problem. I have to import a glossary into Multiterm but the file I have is .mtw. So, I have to convert it to .xml with Migration tool.
The file is eng-spa, but when I try to do the convertion, the program asks me to specify the locales. There are three locales in the index field: English, Spanish and Portuguese. I select the Locale acronyms in the locale list for English and Spanish, and the I select the acronym for Portugues, but when I try to go on, there appears a message saying: "The PT locale is not supported by the system". The same happens with the PT - BR locale. But if I don't select an acronym for Portuguese there appears another message saying: "The locale for the Portuguese index is empty. Specify a locale". So I can't go on. This never happened to me before. And I have converted many files this way.
Is there any way to erase the Portuguese locale from the migration tool? I haven't found it.
Thanks a lot for your help. It's really urgent!!!
Eugenia

Direct link Reply with quote

Daniel García
English to Spanish
+ ...
You can use another locale Jun 25, 2005

Maria Eugenia Roca Rodriguez wrote:

Is there any way to erase the Portuguese locale from the migration tool? I haven't found it.
Thanks a lot for your help. It's really urgent!!!
Eugenia

Hi, Eugenia,

I don't know why this happens. What you can try is using another locale which is not already in used in your databse (like English-Australia). Then you can search an replace in the converted XML and XDT files the locale code (EN-AU) with the PT-PT code.

Just make sure you use a Western European language (German, French, Danish...) and PT accented characters will be preserved.

Daniel

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm Migration Tool: Problem with locales

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs