Mobile menu

How to upgrade to Trados 7 if bought at TGB?
Thread poster: Estefanía González

Estefanía González  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:20
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 25, 2005

Hi everyone,

I bought Trados 6.5 with the entitlement to receive Trados 7 as soon as released (early bird TGB).

It should have happened in June, but I haven't received any notification on the issue.

On the other hand, on my download log I only find the logs I downloaded a couple of months ago ( TRADOS 6.5 Freelance incl. TRADOS 7,
MultiTerm - Term Workstation - incl.MultiTerm 7 )

Does this upgrade take place automatically or do I have to uninstall and re-install the program again?

Kind regards,

Estefanía

Direct link Reply with quote

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 13:20
SITE FOUNDER
You will have to download v7.0 from Translationzone Jun 25, 2005

I believe you should have received notice from TRADOS last week that version 7.0 was available for download. I believe that you can obtain the software now from http://www.translationzone.com

Thanks for buying via TGB.

Estefanía González  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:20
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Has anyone of you received any notification? Jun 25, 2005

Thanks, Henry.

By the way... has anyone received any notification from Trados?

I haven't received any...

I guess I will have to contact them on Monday.

Rgds

Estefanía

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:20
English to German
+ ...
Rollout is in the process, but not completed yet Jun 25, 2005

Hi Henry,
I believe you should have received notice from TRADOS last week that version 7.0 was available for download.

Although it was announced - and some who purchased already received download codes - the full rollout has not yet taken place. It is imminent, though.

I believe that you can obtain the software now from http://www.translationzone.com[/quote]
Not at present.

Could you perhaps check the status quo with Mike Kidd at Trados?

Cheers, Ralf

Antoní­n Otáhal
Local time: 19:20
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
Helene Wirkus of Trados wrote to me: Jun 25, 2005

First:

"...Since Tuesday evening, we are experiencing delays in delivery and release of 7 to customers (mainly due to the high number of Early Bird orders) therefore, we will probably only be able to deliver beginning of July..."

and later on:

"...We verified your account and it seems that you have received 6.5. Please confirm. Therefore, we cannot give priority to providing you with 7, the priority can only be given to
customers having no license at all..."

Well, I do not think this situation needs much commenting, does it?

Perhaps someone who has already received T7 can provide it to others here for a download on na ftp site (kind of a mirror)? I have one account with a 200 GB of traffic per month (currently using a small part of it only), so I could provide it for this purpose until the limit is exhausted (not likely in the few days remaining in June). Don't know whether this would be in line with Trados rules, on the other hand their behaviour is not top-line businesslike anyway...

Antonin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to upgrade to Trados 7 if bought at TGB?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs