Mobile menu

how do I get from Trados 6.5.5 to Trados 7?
Thread poster: Rebekka Groß
Rebekka Groß  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:33
English to German
Jun 28, 2005

This morning, I finally got around to upgrading my Trados FL 6.5.2 to Trados 6.5.5 incl. Trados 7 which I downloaded weeks ago. While the About dialog box now lists everything as version 7, it still shows that I have version

As version 7 has now been released, I've checked the TRADOS Customer Center web site to find the download to Trados 7 but the latest available download is Trados 6.5 Freelance incl. Trados 7.

What am I missing here? How do I get Trados 7?

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:33
English to German
+ ...
Did you get a notification from Trados? Jun 28, 2005

Hi Rebekka,
Did you get a notification from Trados, indicating that T7 (including an upgraded license) is available in the customer centre?

Trados have run into some difficulties in rolling out T7; delivery of the new version may be delayed until next week (i.e. the first week of July).

If in doubt, contact Trados Support.

Best, Ralf

Rebekka Groß  Identity Verified
English to German
no message as yet Jun 28, 2005

Hi Ralf,

No, I haven't received notification yet but I'll just wait till next week. If I don't hear from them, I'll get in touch with support as you suggest. Thanks for your prompt reply.

Viele Grüße,

Patricia Posadas  Identity Verified
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
They send an e-mail Jun 28, 2005

I was just wondering before reading this

I sent a message to Trados support a few hours ago and this is what they said:

Dear Patricia,

Trados 7 has just been released recently and is being added to download accounts. When your account has been updated you will receive an email that it has been added to your account along with information on how to proceed.

Thank you,

Arthur Chong
Customer Center Support

I guess this will be the procedure for everybody:-)

Maria Antonietta Ricagno  Identity Verified
English to Italian
+ ...
e-mail from Trados Jul 1, 2005

Hi all

I got the following e-mail from Trados this morning:

"Dear TRADOS Customer,

Thank you for your order of TRADOS 6.5 incl. upgrade to TRADOS 7. Please note that though we have released TRADOS 7 to manufacturing, the actual download will not be ready for the entire public just yet. Due to the high demand for the new version, we ship TRADOS 7 first to our Support and Maintenance customers. Regular upgrade and new customers will receive the software after we have shipped it to our contract customers. You will be able to download TRADOS 7 in early July.

We apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you again for your order and we appreciate your business and patience.

With best regards,

Your TRADOS Fulfilment Team"

Paul Malone  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
A long wait! Jul 6, 2005

It seems many of us are having to wait a while longer than we expected. And I was so looking forward to receiving Trados 7! But if it lives up to expectations when we finally get it, maybe it will have been worth the wait?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

how do I get from Trados 6.5.5 to Trados 7?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs