Thread poster: Carmen Álvarez

Carmen Álvarez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:20
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 1, 2005

Hello everybody,

I am just starting with Trados and here is my first problem: in an active document (an index in a larger word 2000 document) I can not use the Open/Get command. In the status bar appears the message "end of paragraph not found".

I just received the plain word 2000 document and the translation memory (I can not change its settings). I use Trados 6.5.5.

Thanks in advance,

Carmen

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Non-translatable content Jul 1, 2005

Hi Carmen,
This is because an index created using the corresponding Word function does not contain translatable content, but cross-references to elements within the document. See KB article 840 for more details.

HTH, Ralf

Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I still have problems :( Jul 1, 2005

Hello Ralf,

thanks a lot for your help! I visited the link but unfortunately I still have problems.

I followed the instructions for the first part (steps 1 and 2) and everything went right. But on the second part, I get very confused. Copying from the link:

"To translate the text inside the index entries:

Open the sentence containing an index entry. The index entry will be surrounded by a set of delimiters with the numbers 1-9 in them. "

The sentence to translate (which I assume is the index entry linked to the active index before) is

1. Anmeldung

When I open it with Workbench, I get

2. Anmeldung
4. (Empty target field)

I find very odd that the original title is renumbered to 2. and moreover the translated title is not even 2. but 4.! Is this correct?

Thanks a lot.

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Automatic numbering Jul 1, 2005

Hi again,
Without having seen your document, I assume this works as designed; the same behaviour occurs (due to the automatic numbering of elements) when translating numbered headings, for example.

Why don't you create a copy of the document, translate that entry, and run a cleanup? The numbering issue should be resolved.

Best regards, Ralf

Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Jul 1, 2005

Thanks a lot Ralf. After doing the clean up, this problem and other were all at once solved.

You saved my weekend

Schönes Wochenende,

Carmen

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

End of paragraph not recognized in active document

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs