Mobile menu

How to make Workbench accept an exported file from Winalign?
Thread poster: Marinus Vesseur

Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 21:58
English to Dutch
+ ...
Jul 2, 2005

After several hours of alignment, Workbench doesn't want to accept the exported pair files I produced in Winalign. Funny thing is that it did accept the first aligned project but all others produce the message '1600 TU's read. 1601 invalid'in Workbench. I tried to export as txt, as tmx, with tables and without: nothing helps. Anybody an idea?

Direct link Reply with quote

Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 21:58
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorted it out. Jul 2, 2005

As it turned out, winalign had crashed somewhere in between because I tried to align several files in one go and had put the settings back to standard, which in my case meant a different language pair. Consequently Workbench declared the language pair in the imported file as unvalid for the language pair the TM was set in. It took me while to find out. What have I learned? One winalign project - one file pair.

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:58
English to German
+ ...
Save project in between Jul 3, 2005

Hi Marinus,
One winalign project - one file pair.

Not necessarily - but it's a good idea to save the project in regular intervals.

Best regards,
Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to make Workbench accept an exported file from Winalign?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs