Using Trados in Excel for the first time: I do not see the icons
Thread poster: Nicole Maina

Nicole Maina  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:04
Member (2005)
German to Italian
+ ...
Jul 6, 2005

When I open word (2003) I immediately see the trados (6.5) bar, when I open excel (2003) I do not. I have never used trados in excel before, how does it work?
thank you!

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:04
English to German
+ ...
Use TagEditor - File Formats Reference Guide Jul 6, 2005

Hi Nicole,
You should use TagEditor to translate Excel files.
Depending on the file size and complexity, opening the .xls file for the first time may take several minutes; once you have saved it as .ttx, that's no longer a problem.

On a general note, I would suggest to first look at the workflow described (in detail) in the Trados File Formats Reference Guide, which you will find in the Documents program group.

Alvin Liu  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:04
Member (2007)
English to Chinese
+ ...
T-Window for Excel Jul 6, 2005

You can also use T-Window for Excel, but personally I prefer Tageditor as it is more intuitive for me.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Using Trados in Excel for the first time: I do not see the icons

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs