Mobile menu

How do I change closed segments? (Tr 6.5 Freelance)
Thread poster: Harmen Rijks
Harmen Rijks  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:15
Member (2004)
English to Dutch
Jul 7, 2005

I'm using the TagEditor and have discovered that I have made some errors translating a certain sentence.

How do I change a segment other than the open one without having to save the document, take it through Clean Document in the Workbench and then open it in an html editor to change the text.

Surely there must be an easier way of doing this?

Thanks for your help.

Harmen Rijks

Direct link Reply with quote

Rebekka Groß  Identity Verified
English to German
changing a closed segment Jul 7, 2005

Hi Harmen,

You do it in exactly the same way as changing a segment you translated and closed in Word.

Close the segment you're currently working on.

Go to the sentence you want to make changes to.

Click the Open/Get button, make the required change and close the segment with Set/Close.

After that, continue where you left off.

HTH - Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Rebekka

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 00:15
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
You can remove document protection Jul 7, 2005

Go to Options > Protection and uncheck document protection. After that you can write straight into you segments and also use Search and Replace.
Regards
Heinrich

Peter Linton  Identity Verified
Member (2002)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Use Workbench Maintenance Jul 8, 2005

Another option, perhaps a bit more hairy, is to use the Maintenance facility in Workbench.

To give an example - I recently did a text in which I translated a particular word as "Society". It occurred numerous times in the text. But after completing the first draft, I came to the conclusion that "Association" would be better.

Using File/Maintenance/Find and Replace, I changed all occurrences of Society to Association (for the exact procedure, you need to RTFM, and I admit that the Maintenance facility is not very intuitive).

Then as normal, I reviewed the file in Trados. The TM now had Association everywhere instead of Society, and I could just Get the new translation while reviewing each segment.

Harmen Rijks  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jul 9, 2005

Hi Rebekka,

Thanks for that. Pretty obvious huh?

I've got a more hairy problem now you might now the anser to.

Wehn I clean a document in the Workbench and then open it up in Dreamweaver some of the translated text does not show up, akthough it shows in a translation unit in tagEditor.

Sometimes when I clean it again and clean the html file as well it will appear gain, sometimes it won't.

Any idea how to solve that?

Regards

Harmen

Rebekka Gross wrote:

Hi Harmen,

You do it in exactly the same way as changing a segment you translated and closed in Word.

Close the segment you're currently working on.

Go to the sentence you want to make changes to.

Click the Open/Get button, make the required change and close the segment with Set/Close.

After that, continue where you left off.

HTH - Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Rebekka

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I change closed segments? (Tr 6.5 Freelance)

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs