Mobile menu

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
How long between ordering Trados 7.0 and receiving download? ('7.0 is here!')
Thread poster: Nina Engberg

Nina Engberg  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:42
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jul 7, 2005

I just ordered Trados 7.0 Freelance June 30th and I haven't seen an update in the "Track Order" since July 2nd. It used to state the status of whether or not payment was received etc, but it no longer does and I haven't received any emails. They did, however, charge my credit card July 2nd.

I guess my question is, is this normal? I somehow thought that things would be processed a bit faster since delivery is my download...

UPDATE:

I received the emails moments ago and am in the process of downloading the program. Hopefully, this means that everybody else also have received their emails.

I would appreciate any help. Thank you in advance.

[Edited at 2005-07-07 20:38]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-07-07 22:08]

[Edited at 2005-07-08 19:16]

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:42
English to German
+ ...
Rollout of T7 was delayed - need to check status with Trados Jul 7, 2005

Hi Nina,
I just ordered Trados 7.0 Freelance June 30th and I haven't seen an update in the "Track Order" (https://shop.trados.com/default.aspx?soc=06RPROZ online ) since July 2nd.

May I suggest not to show URLs which may contain an access code openly in the forum?

It used to state the status of whether or not payment was received etc, but it no longer does and I haven't received any emails. They did, however, charge my credit card July 2nd.

I guess my question is, is this normal? I somehow thought that things would be processed a bit faster since delivery is my download...

There have been delays to the delivery process of T7...

I would appreciate any help. Thank you in advance.

...however, I fail to see how members in the forum might be able to assist you. I suggest to contact Trados.

Best regards,
Ralf

United States
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Ralf Jul 7, 2005

I just received notification from Trados that I should receive it within 24-72 hours.

Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Backlog in processing orders due to demand Jul 8, 2005

I received the same notification on 22nd June. However, I have squeezed an answer out of them: they have a severe backlog in processing orders, due to demand. Trados 7 is a major new edition, isn't it? That seems to be the reason.

Astrid

Simon Brown  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:42
Spanish to English
Some time next week at the latest... Jul 8, 2005

I ordered my Trados 7.0 on 22nd June TGB and received my order number etc but then nothing. I have now been told that I should be able to download it next week. And in the meantime... can I take on a job which requires Trados?

Languageman  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
Potential loss of business and no support Jul 8, 2005

Simon Brown wrote:

... can I take on a job which requires Trados?

Exactly my problem. Having received the (apparently) standard "Due to the high demand for the new version, ..." response I sent the following message to Trados two days ago. They haven´t even had the courtesy to reply yet, let alone addressed the delivery problem.

"Thank you for your reply. I appreciate that the demand for this new product is very high, however I require access to my purchase Trados 7.0 extremely urgently in order to fulfil a contract for one of my clients. The fact that I would receive low priority for access to the product was not made clear on your website at the time of purchase and I do not consider it acceptable that I am unable to obtain my purchase. If I do not receive the product today then I will lose business with an extremely important client. If you are unable to release the Trados 7.0 product to me then please provide me with a copy of Trados 6.5 to cover the interim period."

Maybe there is a good reason for these delays, but it is difficult to see why it is taking so long. Do they have some poor soul manually generating each and every licence code? At any rate, the website didn´t (and still doesn´t) make it clear that there would be delay or that new customers would be treated as a low priority. Pretty shabby all round really.

Surely there must be somebody from Trados monitoring this forum who can make some form of statement here or on the web site. At the very least it would be nice to be able to tell my customer when I can do Trados work. Hopefully they don´t go elsewhere while I´m waiting...

avsie  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
I'm lucky so far... Jul 8, 2005

Same problem, purchased trados on 22nd of June and still nothing.

So far I've been lucky and didn't have to turn down jobs because of my "lack" of Trados, however it did prevent me from bidding on a large project...

Can't wait until everything is sorted out!

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
It's happening now... Jul 8, 2005

Hi all,
Mike Kidd from Trados tells me that "product delivery is occurring now, through the weekend and early next week. All customers should have their TRADOS 7s by end of day Tuesday."

Best regards,
Ralf

Languageman  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
Received Trados now. Jul 9, 2005

Got my download info. last night. Looks like they are finally up and running. Hope everyone else gets sorted too.

Cheers,

Stephen

Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
It would be nice to have Trados 6.5 in the meantime Jul 10, 2005

Well, I have still heard nothing, and do not understand why Trados 6.5 could not be provided in the meantime. The Group Buy was originally for Trados 6.5 anyway. I am extremely disappointed with the nonchalant attitude of the Trados people and I feel that they really ought to lose my custom (and everybody else's as well).

Astrid

avsie  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Got it! Jul 11, 2005

Downloaded it but haven't got the chance to install it (will do this evening)!

I agree with Astrid, though, it would have been nice to be able to download 6.5.5 in the mean time, as it was the version we were going to buy in the first place...

Paul Malone  Identity Verified
France
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
MultiTerm 7 Jul 12, 2005

I have finally received Trados 7, downloaded it and installed it.
For some of the new functions to work, Trados recommend using 'MultTerm 7 Desktop', but I have no link in the customer centre for this download.

Does anyone know if MultiTerm 7 Desktop is included in the Trados 7 package?

Has anybody else already downloaded MultiTerm 7 Desktop?

Thanks.

United States
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
MultiTerm 7 is included Jul 12, 2005

Paul,

The first thing I see when I log on to the Customer Center are two downloads. One is for Trados 7 Freelance and one is for MultiTerm 7. Do you not see both when you log on? I downloaded and installed both on Friday.

Paul Malone wrote:

I have finally received Trados 7, downloaded it and installed it.
For some of the new functions to work, Trados recommend using 'MultTerm 7 Desktop', but I have no link in the customer centre for this download.

Does anyone know if MultiTerm 7 Desktop is included in the Trados 7 package?

Has anybody else already downloaded MultiTerm 7 Desktop?

Thanks.

Paul Malone  Identity Verified
France
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
Thanks Nina, it looks like I'm going to have to contact Trados again Jul 12, 2005

I've just checked again, and the only links for MultiTerm I have are for MultiTerm 6.2

I'll send yet another e-mail to Trados, and try to remain as calm, polite and patient as possible.

Thanks again.

Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
Try the "Previous" tab Jul 12, 2005

I've just checked again, and the only links for MultiTerm I have are for MultiTerm 6.2

Thanks again.

I felt to be in the same situation but when they insisted MT7 should be there, I looked really carefully and found it under the "Previous" tab - perhaps it is worthyour while to try it too...

Antonin

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How long between ordering Trados 7.0 and receiving download? ('7.0 is here!')

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs