TagEditor 6.5.5.441: Serious tag verication problem
Thread poster: Francesco Amormino

Francesco Amormino  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:26
German to Italian
+ ...
Jul 9, 2005

Hi all!!

I have translated a series of .*rtf files (converted from the .mif format) in word 2000 using trados FL 6.5.4.441. Now I would like to check if everything is okay concerning tags.

I have tryed on two files with TagEditor using the "verify" button, as I usually did with Trados FL 5.5. Everything went fine... too fine. Since I got the message "Tag verification completed. No errors reported". Since I thought this could be impossibible (one of the files is very huge and I often make errors with tags...), I put some extra mistake in the file by cutting ore deleting some tag. Afterwards I got the same message: "Tag verification completed. No errors reported".

Now, the problem is that I cannot trust the Tag Editor's verify function anymore.

What should I do?

Many thanks for any precious suggestion.

Ciao
Francesco

Addendum: I just tried to work on the rtf files which I have converted in .ttx. When I want to close a segment that has a tag which is differente from the one in the source segment, TagEditor notifies this without permitting to go any further. This is not bad, but I would prefer not having to scan the entire file...

[Edited at 2005-07-09 17:55]

Addendum II: I have solved the problem by unistalling both Trados FL 5.5 and FL 6.5 and reinstalling the latter. Now everything works fine. There must have been a sort of conflict between the two versions.

[Edited at 2005-07-10 09:31]

Direct link Reply with quote

Tangopeter

Local time: 11:26
English to Dutch
+ ...
Original rtf in same folder! Jul 15, 2005

Hi,I have been able to solve this problem by first copying the original rtf to the same folder as the ttx-file.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor 6.5.5.441: Serious tag verication problem

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs