TagEditor Serious tag verication problem
Thread poster: Francesco Amormino

Francesco Amormino  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:37
German to Italian
+ ...
Jul 9, 2005

Hi all!!

I have translated a series of .*rtf files (converted from the .mif format) in word 2000 using trados FL Now I would like to check if everything is okay concerning tags.

I have tryed on two files with TagEditor using the "verify" button, as I usually did with Trados FL 5.5. Everything went fine... too fine. Since I got the message "Tag verification completed. No errors reported". Since I thought this could be impossibible (one of the files is very huge and I often make errors with tags...), I put some extra mistake in the file by cutting ore deleting some tag. Afterwards I got the same message: "Tag verification completed. No errors reported".

Now, the problem is that I cannot trust the Tag Editor's verify function anymore.

What should I do?

Many thanks for any precious suggestion.

Addendum: I just tried to work on the rtf files which I have converted in .ttx. When I want to close a segment that has a tag which is differente from the one in the source segment, TagEditor notifies this without permitting to go any further. This is not bad, but I would prefer not having to scan the entire file...

[Edited at 2005-07-09 17:55]

Addendum II: I have solved the problem by unistalling both Trados FL 5.5 and FL 6.5 and reinstalling the latter. Now everything works fine. There must have been a sort of conflict between the two versions.

[Edited at 2005-07-10 09:31]

Direct link Reply with quote

Local time: 13:37
English to Dutch
+ ...
Original rtf in same folder! Jul 15, 2005

Hi,I have been able to solve this problem by first copying the original rtf to the same folder as the ttx-file.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor Serious tag verication problem

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wake up in the Morning and see that you have sold TMs and made Money overnight

The TM Market Place for Translators
New: Our Instant TM Download
TM owners: Upload your TMs into the online database
Customers: Analyse your text & instantly download a text-specific TM
Well over 1.2 BILLION translation units

More info »
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs