TagEditor 6.5.5.441: Serious tag verication problem
Thread poster: Francesco Amormino

Francesco Amormino  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:57
German to Italian
+ ...
Jul 9, 2005

Hi all!!

I have translated a series of .*rtf files (converted from the .mif format) in word 2000 using trados FL 6.5.4.441. Now I would like to check if everything is okay concerning tags.

I have tryed on two files with TagEditor using the "verify" button, as I usually did with Trados FL 5.5. Everything went fine... too fine. Since I got the message "Tag verification completed. No errors reported". Since I thought this could be impossibible (one of the files is very huge and I often make errors with tags...), I put some extra mistake in the file by cutting ore deleting some tag. Afterwards I got the same message: "Tag verification completed. No errors reported".

Now, the problem is that I cannot trust the Tag Editor's verify function anymore.

What should I do?

Many thanks for any precious suggestion.

Ciao
Francesco

Addendum: I just tried to work on the rtf files which I have converted in .ttx. When I want to close a segment that has a tag which is differente from the one in the source segment, TagEditor notifies this without permitting to go any further. This is not bad, but I would prefer not having to scan the entire file...

[Edited at 2005-07-09 17:55]

Addendum II: I have solved the problem by unistalling both Trados FL 5.5 and FL 6.5 and reinstalling the latter. Now everything works fine. There must have been a sort of conflict between the two versions.

[Edited at 2005-07-10 09:31]

Direct link Reply with quote

Tangopeter

Local time: 04:57
English to Dutch
+ ...
Original rtf in same folder! Jul 15, 2005

Hi,I have been able to solve this problem by first copying the original rtf to the same folder as the ttx-file.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor 6.5.5.441: Serious tag verication problem

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs