Thread poster: Carla Araújo

Carla Araújo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 06:02
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jul 9, 2005

Dear all,

After successfully downloading and installing Trados 7 on my computer, I get the following error message when trying to open TWB:
"An error occurred while trying to verify the license. Please check the installation and try again. Translator's Workbench will now close."

Windows XP Home + Office 2003

I appreciate your help!

Direct link Reply with quote

Burrell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Uninstall Jul 9, 2005

Have you tried to reboot the computer and try again? If yes, uninstall the programme and install again. I had exactly the same problem earlier today when I installed Trados 7 on my laptop, but it worked fine after I restarted the computer.

HTH,Burrell

Portugal
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I've tried that Jul 10, 2005

And it didn't work. Everything worked fine on my laptop though.
I really need to sort this out...

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:02
English to German
+ ...
Service Pack(s)? Jul 10, 2005

Hi Carla,
Which version of XP Home are you using? Any service packs installed? What OS is installed on your laptop?
(I have no concrete idea, just a wild guess that it might be an OS-related issue...)

Best, Ralf

Portugal
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Service Packs Jul 10, 2005

Hi Ralf,
I have Windows XP Home SP1 on my laptop and Windows XP Home SP2 on the desktop. Could that be the reason?

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:02
English to German
+ ...
Possibly... Jul 10, 2005

Hi again,
I have Windows XP Home SP1 on my laptop and Windows XP Home SP2 on the desktop. Could that be the reason?

Possibly, but I cannot tell you for sure.

Search the Trados KB for "XP SP2" or "XP service pack 2"; there are several articles in there. However, I would suggest to contact Trados Support (mentioning the difference in operating system versions).

Best regards,
Ralf

Portugal
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jul 12, 2005

Thank you both for your help. After an extensive mail exchange with Trados support, they ended up sending me a new TWB .exe file to replace the original one.
Everything works fine now!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to open Translator's Workbench

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs