Paul Malone
Paul Malone  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 15:56
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
Jul 13, 2005

I have installed both Trados 7 and MultiTerm 7. The term recognition function in Word is not working properly. The program displays the source term only in the term recognition window. The target term is not displayed, and when I try to insert the target term I get the message 'No target term available in MultiTerm entry', even though when I open the MultiTerm standalone interface the target terms are in fact present. Does anybody have any ideas? Thanks.

Paul Malone
Paul Malone  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 15:56
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I've solved it Jul 13, 2005

I've apparently solved the problem by changing the settings. I went into the following Workbench menu; Options, term recognition options, settings. I then found that the search depth was set at 200. I reduced this to 70 and the target terms now seem to be working normally. If anybody else has this problem you may also want to try modifying the search depth.

Marc Adler
Marc Adler  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:56
Japanese to English
same problem, fix doesn't work Sep 14, 2005

I just installed Freelance 7 and Multiterm 7. I can open the termbase and search through it, but it's not recognizing anything. I tried changing the match value and the search depth, both ways, and nothing works. I've looked through the archives (where I found this thread), but does anyone have any other solutions?

Thanks,
Marc

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Term recognition not working, Trados 7

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »