English to Chinese
Jul 13, 2005

winxp sp2
winword 2003
trados 6.5.5.411 fl
multitermix 6.2.0.287

hi,
I encounter this strange problem:
when I was using this "translate till next non-exact match" function on workbence, the translation looped among three table cell endlessly, I have to actually close workbench to stop the loop, is there any body know what is going on?

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:20
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Know behaviour, but I´m afraid this is Word fault Jul 13, 2005

You are getting in such loop, when table contains connected cells - or at least it happens then mostly.

You don´t need to close Workbench to stop the loop. It is enough to click once into Workbench window. After that close the text unit with "ALT+END" and translate the table without using the function "Translate to fuzzy".

Regards
Jerzy

Xiaobin Liu
China
Local time: 21:20
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
what is connected cells? how can I avoid it Jul 15, 2005

hi, Jerzy,
thank you very much for your reply. I have to ask further: what is connected cells? how are they identified? so that I know how to prepare table based files for trados

regards

Lewis

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:20
English to German
+ ...
Cells forming a loop Jul 15, 2005

Hi Lewis,
There's nothing that you can do in terms of 'preparation' - sometimes tables are authored in a way that cells form a loop. Have a look at the (original) file where you witnessed this behaviour - cells are most probably nested in a way that the way out of the last cell in the loop goes straight back to the beginning. (This can happen where a cell has been extended across more than one line.)

Not a big issue, though - if you get into such a loop, stop Translate to Fuzzy, placing the cursor manually into the next line if necessary.

Best regards,
Ralf

Xiaobin Liu
China
Local time: 21:20
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jul 19, 2005

Thanks,
Jerzy and Ralf,You ve been very helpful! I found all the answers (Trados related) I wanted so far from this forum, Fantastic! better than official Trados supporting site, I'll have to say!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados looping endlessly when auto translating within a table

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs