Sabrina Eskelson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 11:20
Member (2004)
English to Italian
+ ...
Jul 21, 2005

Hi Folks

I'm translating a manual the client exported from FM into tagged Word files. He also sent me a separate folder with the same files I'm translating, but with .ORG extension, and asked me to use these files to check that all tags are OK when I finish my translation. Does anybody know how I should use these ORG files for this check? TIA!

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Use TagEditor Jul 21, 2005

Hello,

you can do the Translation in TagEditor and then use the Verifier Plugin.

If you trnslate in Word, you can do a verify with the S-Tagger FM. Then you need the source files for the Verify.

Hans

Mathew Robinson
Mathew Robinson
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:20
English
S-Tagger for FM Jul 21, 2005

S-Tagger for FM (part of the Trados Install) has a window for verifying tags.

Usually S-Tagger produces text files that you translate in TagEditor, so I'm not sure how it will handle these files once converted into Word.

Wojciech Froelich
Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
You need source RTF files Jul 21, 2005

To verify the translated S-Tagger RTF files you need only the source RTF files. They are usually placed in the same folder as ORG files (during the MIF>RTF conversion) - you need ORG files only if you want to convert the files back, from RTF to MIF format.

HTH,
Wojtek

Sabrina Eskelson
Sabrina Eskelson  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2004)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved! Thank you, dear colleagues :-) Jul 26, 2005

Sabrina Eskelson wrote:

Hi Folks

I'm translating a manual the client exported from FM into tagged Word files. He also sent me a separate folder with the same files I'm translating, but with .ORG extension, and asked me to use these files to check that all tags are OK when I finish my translation. Does anybody know how I should use these ORG files for this check? TIA!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Checking tags using .ORG files

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »