Thread poster: Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Local time: 16:00
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
Jul 24, 2005

I am working on an MS Word file opened in Trados 7 TagEditor as ttx; now it looks like I need to subcontract this particular job to someone who only has Trados 6.5.

If they work on it "as usual" (not paying attention to the "Word is not present" warning) and send back to me, will I be able to save the target as if I worked on it myself?

I cannot see anything which would prevent this approach, but I have not tested it and the deadline is critically short - any experienc
... See more
I am working on an MS Word file opened in Trados 7 TagEditor as ttx; now it looks like I need to subcontract this particular job to someone who only has Trados 6.5.

If they work on it "as usual" (not paying attention to the "Word is not present" warning) and send back to me, will I be able to save the target as if I worked on it myself?

I cannot see anything which would prevent this approach, but I have not tested it and the deadline is critically short - any experience/opinion anyone?

Antonin
Collapse

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
I can´t open word document in tageditor Jul 24, 2005

Hi! how did you manage this. May be this is new feature in Trados 7.0. I still take word documents to MS-Word. In trados 6.5 the tag editor doesn´t open word documents by default or by an alternative choice. Rgds, Brandis

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
New function in Trados 7 (using Word 2003) Jul 24, 2005

Hi Brandis,
May be this is new feature in Trados 7.0.

That's exactly what it is.

Antonin's query is whether anyone has tried opening a .doc.ttx file opened in TagEditor 7 in TE 6.5.

Antonin, I think you can test it by asking your colleague to pretranslate the file (maybe working on a few segments subsequently) and send it back to you.

Best regards,
Ralf

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Well, of course I have tried to do a few segments myself Jul 24, 2005

on a PC which agency makes me to keep in Trados 6.5, and logic says it should not be a problem anyway...

But life experience says that when I get the file back and have to bring it to a "send-out" shape (which invariably happens at times like between 2 and 6 am) something is more or less bound to go wrong.

So if anyone has been out there, I would like to know how it felt and what actually went wrong.
... See more
on a PC which agency makes me to keep in Trados 6.5, and logic says it should not be a problem anyway...

But life experience says that when I get the file back and have to bring it to a "send-out" shape (which invariably happens at times like between 2 and 6 am) something is more or less bound to go wrong.

So if anyone has been out there, I would like to know how it felt and what actually went wrong.

Antonin
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

.doc.ttx in T 6.5?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »