Frame maker files
Thread poster: xxxCibeles
xxxCibeles

Local time: 07:19
German to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 28, 2005

Hello!
I have received fm-files (frame maker) from a client. There is a possibility to process them (i.e. analyse and translate) with Trados 6.5?.

Thank you and Regards

Clara

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
File Format Reference Guide Jul 28, 2005

Hi Clara,
I have received fm-files (frame maker) from a client. There is a possibility to process them (i.e. analyse and translate) with Trados 6.5?.

Have a look at chapter 3 of the File Formats Reference Guide (installed with your software: Start - Programs - Trados 6.5 - Documentation.

Best regards,
Ralf

xxxCibeles

German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Frame maker files -File Format Reference Guide Jul 28, 2005

Thank you a lot Ralf, I have looked into the guide and the procedure seems quite clear now.
But another question(somewhat off-topic) is arisen by reading it: According to the reference guide, Trados needs the frame maker files in mif-format.
I do not have myself frame maker and I do not know this programm.
Is it possible for my client to save the files again as mif-format or this conversion can even be done by me with Trados?
Regards
Clara

xxxOlaf
English to German
You need FrameMaker or ask the Client to save them as MIF files Jul 28, 2005

Clara Morales Gonzalez wrote:
Is it possible for my client to save the files again as mif-format or this conversion can even be done by me with Trados?
Regards
Clara

.fm FrameMaker files can only be converted with FrameMaker. Trados can only handly MIF files. This means that somebody will need to open them with FrameMaker and convert them to MIF files.

[Edited at 2005-07-28 15:33]

xxxCibeles

German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
frame maker files Jul 28, 2005

Olaf wrote:
.fm FrameMaker files can only be converted with FrameMaker. Trados can only handly MIF files. This means that somebody will need to open them with FrameMaker and convert them to MIF files.

Thank you very much, Olaf, I will contact my client.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Frame maker files

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs