Mobile menu

Can't close document because of (hidden) open translation unit [solved]
Thread poster: LindaMcM

LindaMcM  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:51
Swedish to German
+ ...
Jul 29, 2005

I just got a Word document which I want to proofread a bit later but now I can't close it because of "This command is not available because a translation unit is open".

Well, I can't see any open unit, I can't even see that this document has been translated with a CAT at all as it is clean (hidden text doesn't show anything). I am virtually certain that Trados was used but unfortunately I can't reach the sender at the moment.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks in advance,

Problem solved: I clicked on every button I could find and "Fix document" did the trick (quite obvious, if you know that)!

[Edited at 2005-07-29 11:33]

Direct link Reply with quote

Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Yes, the "fix document" button is really good Jul 30, 2005

I discovered the "fix document" button within a day of getting Trados, and I have used it fairly regularly ever since. It does the trick every time.

Vito Smolej
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
"Fix" button - best thing since invention of sliced bread? Aug 1, 2005

It is a negative reference for the quality of the software, if this hack is so popular / used / welcome ...

Mind you, I do use it too, now and then (sg).

btw, #7 is no better in this regard (but I am;P).

[Edited at 2005-08-01 14:55]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't close document because of (hidden) open translation unit [solved]

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs