Thread poster: transatgees
transatgees
transatgees  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:13
German to English
+ ...
Aug 8, 2005

I want to load Trados onto my recently-acquired lap-top but the dongle will not fit any of the ports on the lap-top. I would be grateful for suggestions on how to overcome this problem.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-08-08 16:24]

[Edited at 2005-08-08 16:36]

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:13
English to German
+ ...
Which version? Aug 8, 2005

Hi,
I assume that you're still using a parallel dongle - which Trados version are you using?

You may want to search this forum for 'USB dongle', 'soft license' and/or 'license file'.

Best regards,
Ralf

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
Port converter cable may be a solution Aug 8, 2005

Hi! I understand that a few modern laptops have miniports (like the for a Digital camera), which can be converted into a USB port, just as a parallel port can also be converted into USB and back. It is a converting cable, the shortest version is about 1,5 Meters long, that can be of help. Good luck Brandis Typing mistakes corrected:-)

[Edited at 2005-08-08 20:51]

Rita D'Ettorre
Rita D'Ettorre  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
a cable is not enough Aug 8, 2005

Unfortunately I encountered the same problem... I bought a cable to convert from USB to parallel but it doesn't work, still the laptop does not recognise the dongle, so I suggest you don't waste your time and money in buying a converter.
The only solution is to upgrade your version of Trados to the latest one (Trados 7) and ask for a USB dongle or a soft licence key.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados dongle (Version 5) doesn't fit ports on my laptop

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »