No concordance after reorganisation
Thread poster: NatB (X)
NatB (X)
NatB (X)
Local time: 07:08
German to French
+ ...
Aug 12, 2005

I reorganised a large TM yesterday (approx. 280,000 TUs). After the reorganisation the concordance function did not work at all. Even the most common words were no longer found. All the TUs were definitely still in the memory, but the concordance did not find anything at all!
I exported and imported the TM - this did not help either. Then I carried out another reorganisation - and now the concordance works again.
Does anyone have an explanation for this?

Thank you.

Natalia Zudaire
Natalia Zudaire  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 03:08
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Did you try... Aug 12, 2005

NatB wrote:

I reorganised a large TM yesterday (approx. 280,000 TUs). After the reorganisation the concordance function did not work at all. Even the most common words were no longer found. All the TUs were definitely still in the memory, but the concordance did not find anything at all!
I exported and imported the TM - this did not help either. Then I carried out another reorganisation - and now the concordance works again.
Does anyone have an explanation for this?

Thank you.

re-locating the reference TM? No matter you have it properly set, sometimes it goes crazy and you have to reset it in the options tab.

Natalia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No concordance after reorganisation

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »