Version conflicts of Trados 6.5 and Trados 7.0 when using Tag editor??
Thread poster: roak
roak
roak
United States
German to English
Aug 16, 2005

I have version 6.5 on my system and I receintly purchased the upgrade version as well. I now have both the versions installed on my system. Versions 6.5 runs with the dongle while version 7.0 with the soft key.
I was using the Tag editor (version 6.5) for translation of a text prepared in the same version. I was instructed to activate the Generic tag verifier plug-in (Tools>Plug-ins>Verifier)before commencing work. With version 6.5, I saw a mesage saying that "plug-in cannot be installed a
... See more
I have version 6.5 on my system and I receintly purchased the upgrade version as well. I now have both the versions installed on my system. Versions 6.5 runs with the dongle while version 7.0 with the soft key.
I was using the Tag editor (version 6.5) for translation of a text prepared in the same version. I was instructed to activate the Generic tag verifier plug-in (Tools>Plug-ins>Verifier)before commencing work. With version 6.5, I saw a mesage saying that "plug-in cannot be installed and wil have to be disabled."
However when I tried the same using Tag editor 7.0, I did not notice any such message. Is Trados 6.5 not functioning normally because the higher version has been installed on the same system??

I need to do this in version 6.5 because the client has version 6.5 and doing the translation in version 7.0 would probably result in problems at his end when I submit my work. What could the CATCH be??
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:10
English to German
+ ...
Using different versions of Trados in parallel Aug 16, 2005

Hi roak,
This is exactly why using several versions in parallel is not recommended (although possible).

Check Trados KB Article 1183 for the procedure to be adhered to.

HTH, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Version conflicts of Trados 6.5 and Trados 7.0 when using Tag editor??

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »