Egypt
Local time: 10:57
Member (2004)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Aug 18, 2005

Dear All,

I'm using window Xp and Trados 6.5.

Currently, I'm working in Spanish into Arabic project. But when I open the first segment, it refuses and Workbench display " (50016) DOnt use; as list separator in style name. Change in Control Panel/Regional settings..".

Can anybody explain what is this and why it happens and how to fix it in order to translate the files.

Thanks a lot

Sabry

Direct link Reply with quote

nrgetic  Identity Verified
Spain
Portuguese to Spanish
+ ...
Solution Aug 18, 2005

Hi!
To fix that you have to go to Start>Configuration>Control Panel>Regional Settings>Numbers, and change the ';' that appears in the section "list separations" into some other symbol (I put ','). After having done that, the problem should be solved...
Best regards!
Natalia

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Please use the forum search, plus the Trados KB Aug 18, 2005

Hi Sabry,
Currently, I'm working in Spanish into Arabic project. But when I open the first segment, it refuses and Workbench display " (50016) DOnt use; as list separator in style name. Change in Control Panel/Regional settings..".

Can anybody explain what is this and why it happens and how to fix it in order to translate the files.

This has been discussed on several occasions - have you tried the forum search (search for "list separator" in this forum)?

Searching for "list separator" in the Trados Knowledge Base will lead you to the KB Article 438, where the remedy is discussed.

Best regards,
Ralf

Sabry Hameed  Identity Verified
Egypt
Member (2004)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved Aug 18, 2005

Thanks Natalia and Ralf

It is solved now

Sabry

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Regional Settings

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs