MultiTermiX dies after Windows update. Why?!
Thread poster: CELC Inc
CELC Inc
CELC Inc
Local time: 08:07
Japanese to English
+ ...
Aug 19, 2005

Using MTiX 6.2.0.287 w/all patches and updates.

Never had much trouble with it until I upgraded from Japanese WinXP Home to Pro. Trados 6.5 Freelance died, too, but I was able to resurrect it with a simple reinstall. However, MT is dead and it's not coming back.

It won't recognize the restored master list of my termbases, so "Open" just gets me a blank dialogue box.

I can live with that, actually, b/c there are some workarounds that'll probably work. Wha
... See more
Using MTiX 6.2.0.287 w/all patches and updates.

Never had much trouble with it until I upgraded from Japanese WinXP Home to Pro. Trados 6.5 Freelance died, too, but I was able to resurrect it with a simple reinstall. However, MT is dead and it's not coming back.

It won't recognize the restored master list of my termbases, so "Open" just gets me a blank dialogue box.

I can live with that, actually, b/c there are some workarounds that'll probably work. What's got me in a panic is that any attempt to create a new termbase just gives me my all-time favorite message: "Unknown Error." Yeah, really helpful.

Any hints or help would be appreciated. ASAP, if you have the time and know-how.

Thanks in advance...
Collapse

Peter Linton (X)
Peter Linton (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:07
Swedish to English
+ ...
MTMaster.mdb Aug 19, 2005

I had a spate of "Unknown Error" problems some months ago. Finally solved when I found http://support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=1385

Or search for "Unknown Error"

Dr. Janos Annus (X)
Dr. Janos Annus (X)  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 01:07
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Reinstall Multiterm, too Aug 20, 2005

Did you reinstall multiterm, too? They come in two separate installation software.
Good luck.
Janos

[Edited at 2005-08-20 06:25]

CELC Inc
CELC Inc
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No luck Aug 22, 2005

Thanks for the link (http://support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=1385). Unfortunately, that does not appear to be the problem in my case at least.
Nor is it that I have not reinstalled MT. I failed to mention this in my original post, but MT has been reinstalled twice now.

I'm getting a little desparate here...

CELC Inc
CELC Inc
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Finally! Success! Aug 23, 2005

I re-re-installed both MTiX and MDAC, and as Peter (and the Knowledgebase) predicted, I seem to be back on track.

Many thanks, Peter.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTermiX dies after Windows update. Why?!

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »