Mobile menu

MultiTermiX dies after Windows update. Why?!
Thread poster: CELC Inc

CELC Inc
Local time: 14:31
Japanese to English
+ ...
Aug 19, 2005

Using MTiX 6.2.0.287 w/all patches and updates.

Never had much trouble with it until I upgraded from Japanese WinXP Home to Pro. Trados 6.5 Freelance died, too, but I was able to resurrect it with a simple reinstall. However, MT is dead and it's not coming back.

It won't recognize the restored master list of my termbases, so "Open" just gets me a blank dialogue box.

I can live with that, actually, b/c there are some workarounds that'll probably work. What's got me in a panic is that any attempt to create a new termbase just gives me my all-time favorite message: "Unknown Error." Yeah, really helpful.

Any hints or help would be appreciated. ASAP, if you have the time and know-how.

Thanks in advance...

Direct link Reply with quote

Peter Linton  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:31
Member (2002)
Swedish to English
+ ...
MTMaster.mdb Aug 19, 2005

I had a spate of "Unknown Error" problems some months ago. Finally solved when I found http://support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=1385

Or search for "Unknown Error"

Dr. Janos Annus  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 07:31
Member (2005)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Reinstall Multiterm, too Aug 20, 2005

Did you reinstall multiterm, too? They come in two separate installation software.
Good luck.
Janos

[Edited at 2005-08-20 06:25]

CELC Inc
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No luck Aug 22, 2005

Thanks for the link (http://support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=1385). Unfortunately, that does not appear to be the problem in my case at least.
Nor is it that I have not reinstalled MT. I failed to mention this in my original post, but MT has been reinstalled twice now.

I'm getting a little desparate here...

CELC Inc
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Finally! Success! Aug 23, 2005

I re-re-installed both MTiX and MDAC, and as Peter (and the Knowledgebase) predicted, I seem to be back on track.

Many thanks, Peter.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTermiX dies after Windows update. Why?!

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs