Mobile menu

Repetitions in Trados Freelance 6.5
Thread poster: Débora D'Eramo

Débora D'Eramo
United States
Local time: 03:48
English to Spanish
Aug 21, 2005

Hi everybody! I'm getting started with Trados Freelance 6.5 and I was wondering:
is there some "automatic" way to change repeated words?
For example, suppose I have a document with the word "house" repeated 13 times. First I translated it as "casa", but upon revision, I realised that "vivienda" was better. Now I want to change all the "casa" for "vivienda". Do I have to do it manually, searching for each and every one of the occurrences?
I thought of the Word function "Search and Replace" but this doesn´t affect my TM.
Any help?
Thanks!!!

Direct link Reply with quote

NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 03:48
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

Maintenance Tab under File in WB Aug 21, 2005

Hi Débora,

I asked this very same question last month at the ATA seminar in Chicago, and was delighted to learn that it can be done via the Maintenance tool.

Good luck!

Nancy

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Repetitions in Trados Freelance 6.5

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs