Mobile menu

Repetitions in Trados Freelance 6.5
Thread poster: Débora D'Eramo

Débora D'Eramo
United States
Local time: 20:58
English to Spanish
Aug 21, 2005

Hi everybody! I'm getting started with Trados Freelance 6.5 and I was wondering:
is there some "automatic" way to change repeated words?
For example, suppose I have a document with the word "house" repeated 13 times. First I translated it as "casa", but upon revision, I realised that "vivienda" was better. Now I want to change all the "casa" for "vivienda". Do I have to do it manually, searching for each and every one of the occurrences?
I thought of the Word function "Search and Replace" but this doesn´t affect my TM.
Any help?

Direct link Reply with quote

Local time: 20:58
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

Maintenance Tab under File in WB Aug 21, 2005

Hi Débora,

I asked this very same question last month at the ATA seminar in Chicago, and was delighted to learn that it can be done via the Maintenance tool.

Good luck!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Repetitions in Trados Freelance 6.5

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs