Mobile menu

Urgent - TW macros seem to have stopped working?
Thread poster: Lise Smidth

Lise Smidth  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 01:36
German to Danish
+ ...
Aug 22, 2005

Hello

all of a sudden I can't continue working with Trados Workbench in Word. When I try to open a new segment only the segmentation limiters -{}- appear. The usual blue and yellow boxes are not shown. Trados doesn't respond to the usual commands (Close, Set/Close etc.) neither in the tool bar in Word nor to the commands given by key board.

In TW the opened segment shows as ususal with the proposed translation.

I work with Word Office XP, TW FL 6.5.2 417 in a Win XP surrounding.

I would be soooo grateful for any help - it is terribly urgent as I am not able to continue working

What I already tried to do is re-copying the trados6-template to Word Startup in order to maybe renew it - but it had no effect at all.

Thanks in advance
Lise

Direct link Reply with quote

Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 01:36
Italian to English
Try disabling "Term recognition" Aug 22, 2005

Hi Lise,

The dreaded curly brackets are often MultiTerm related.

Here's a Proz Forum posting on the subject with some good advice from Ralf Lemster:

http://www.proz.com/topic/22168

You could also try searching the archives of TW_users:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TW_users/

Good luck!

Giles

Jeremy Amos  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:36
German to English
A possible solution Sep 1, 2005

I appreciate that this is unlikely to help the original asker, but should anyone else come across this forum looking for information on this topic, many moons ago I had the same problem and was advised by Trados Support that it was likely to be a termbase problem and that I should disable term recognition. This was indeed the problem, the termbase was in some way corrupted (I don't recall whether I was able to save the termbase, though I suspect I didn't try) and I was able to switch to another termbase or create a new termbase, problem solved.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Urgent - TW macros seem to have stopped working?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs