Mobile menu

Urgent - TW macros seem to have stopped working?
Thread poster: Lise Smidth

Lise Smidth  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:02
German to Danish
+ ...
Aug 22, 2005

all of a sudden I can't continue working with Trados Workbench in Word. When I try to open a new segment only the segmentation limiters -{}- appear. The usual blue and yellow boxes are not shown. Trados doesn't respond to the usual commands (Close, Set/Close etc.) neither in the tool bar in Word nor to the commands given by key board.

In TW the opened segment shows as ususal with the proposed translation.

I work with Word Office XP, TW FL 6.5.2 417 in a Win XP surrounding.

I would be soooo grateful for any help - it is terribly urgent as I am not able to continue working

What I already tried to do is re-copying the trados6-template to Word Startup in order to maybe renew it - but it had no effect at all.

Thanks in advance

Direct link Reply with quote

Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:02
Italian to English
Try disabling "Term recognition" Aug 22, 2005

Hi Lise,

The dreaded curly brackets are often MultiTerm related.

Here's a Proz Forum posting on the subject with some good advice from Ralf Lemster:

You could also try searching the archives of TW_users:

Good luck!

Jeremy Amos  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:02
Member (Sep 2016)
German to English
A possible solution Sep 1, 2005

I appreciate that this is unlikely to help the original asker, but should anyone else come across this forum looking for information on this topic, many moons ago I had the same problem and was advised by Trados Support that it was likely to be a termbase problem and that I should disable term recognition. This was indeed the problem, the termbase was in some way corrupted (I don't recall whether I was able to save the termbase, though I suspect I didn't try) and I was able to switch to another termbase or create a new termbase, problem solved.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Urgent - TW macros seem to have stopped working?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs