Thread poster: Burrell

Burrell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:20
Member (2004)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Aug 23, 2005

All of a sudden Trados started to mess up the fonts. The source font in my text is Arial, but when I open the segment, it changes to Times New Roman, if I change it manually back to Arial after I close it, it still is in Times New Roman. In some other segments after they are closed parts of words are in Arial, while other parts in Times New Roman. Size seems to change in some cases as well.
I checked File/Setup in WB and it says source text Arial, target Arial. I also restarted the computer but it did not help.
Needless to say my deadlines are already enough to make me nervous, the last thing I need is this.
I use Win XP, Word 2003, Trados 7.
Any suggestions appreciated.

Burrell

Direct link Reply with quote

jmadsen  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:20
The same old story... Aug 23, 2005

Apparently this issue was not resolved with the new version of Trados, but I've come up with a workaround, see this topic:
http://www.proz.com/topic/31719

Jørgen

Burrell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:20
Member (2004)
English to Latvian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Brilliant! Aug 23, 2005

Thanks a lot Jørgen! I have a huge file and am still working on it, but when I finish, I will try your trick. Hopefully it will work.
So I am not the only one with this problem? I did a quick forum search but probably entered wrong keywords as I did not find the forum you directed me to.

Cheers,
Burrell

Agua  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thank you for the trick :-). Aug 23, 2005

Hello again,

Thank you for the trick, I was completely fed up with the changes... I will keep researching, though, but this will be enough for the time being.

Best,

Mar

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados messing up the fonts

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search