Mobile menu

TRADOS Export to TMX....
Thread poster: ger_plante
Local time: 21:44
Sep 2, 2005

I'm not too well up on TMX as a standard, but when one of my engineers exported a TRADOS Memory to TMX (1.1), using TRADOS 5. the following bits get inserted into the segments

I looked up in the TMX specification, and it is known as "Unkown Tag". What is really confusing me is what does

Also appears as:

{\cs6\f1\cf6\lang1024 </a>}

It could be in either the source or target segment (or usually both).

Will this effect the 'import' into DejaVu in any way (will it effect DJV's leverage)? Sorry if they are dumb question, but the TMX export was more complicated (to look at) than I was expecting.... is there any available resources to explain the contents between the tags.

FYI - I think the above TM export was from a HTML project (quite possibly Robohelp authored).

Ger Plante

Direct link Reply with quote
Local time: 22:44
English to German
The codes are RTF style codes Sep 2, 2005

ger_plante wrote:

What is really confusing me is what does

Trados uses internally RTF codes to store translation units. The codes that you found simply specfiy which fonts and styles should be used for internal tags. Since other tools usually cannot understand them you might as well delete them.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS Export to TMX....

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs