Mobile menu

Can tags be excluded from TUs in TagEditor?
Thread poster: Nora Diaz

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 19:38
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 3, 2005

While working on a PPT file in TagEditor, sometimes the internal tags appear inside the TUs while some other times the same type of tag appears outside the TU.

Having to add the missing tags every time (even with a keyboard shortcut) slows down my work as I apparently have tag verification set to "segment level" according to the help file. Now, I would like to change this setting to "document level" but the help file is not very clear about how to go about it. I've managed to activate the plug-in but now how do I tell TagEditor to do a document-level verification only, instead of a segment-level one? Do the strictness settings apply only to segment-level or also to document-level verification?

If at all possible, I'd also like to know how to make tag behavior more consistent. What I mean by this is that the same tag (say, character formatting, or line break) can sometimes appear inside the TU and sometimes outside, for no apparent reason (not apparent to me anyway). The sentences that include these two different behaviors are consecutive, have the same font size and no additional formatting (imagine two bullet points in Powerpoint on the same slide), yet in one of them the "cf" tag appears as part of the translation unit (for example only at the end of the unit) and in the other one the "cf" tag appears as an external tag, just after the segment.
The same thing happens with the "br" tag at the end of sentences.

I really want to understand how this works, and any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Nora

[Edited at 2005-09-03 04:33]

Direct link Reply with quote

Aleksandr Okunev
Local time: 05:38
English to Russian
Don't do it Sep 6, 2005

Nora Diaz wrote: While working on a PPT file in TagEditor, sometimes the internal tags appear inside the TUs while some other times the same type of tag appears outside the TU.

Hi Nora,

Don't tweak anything, because your client would want to have exact matches from TM in a file segmented by default and you will have to redo your job. Just curse a bit and carry on.

Good luck
Aleksandr
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can tags be excluded from TUs in TagEditor?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs