Mobile menu

Spell-checking in TagEditor doesnt function at all
Thread poster: Christian Duse
Christian Duse
German to English
Sep 5, 2005

Hello,
I use TagEditor 6.5.5.438-Build 438 with Workbench 6.5.5.438-Build438 on Win XP SP 2.
I want to use the spell-chicking integrated in TagEditor. But if I check Extra/options/Spell-checking and click on Plug-Ins nothing happens. Also if i check "Check on Saving/Exiting" nothing happens. It just looked as if absolutely nothing is going with this functionality. Any Idea?

Thanks a lot

Chris

Direct link Reply with quote

Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 09:40
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Two possible causes Sep 6, 2005

1) If you are working with Office 98, the Word Spelling checker won't work at all (a newest version of Office is needed).

2) If you have chosen "Winter Tree spelling checker" it is possible that the selected sublanguages are not in the dictionnary provided by trados.

For instance, imagine that you are translating into English, but UK English, not US English (that is, Workbench is set in UK ENGLISH), you have to check if the dict. includes the sublanguage UNITED KINGDOM ENGLISH.

I suggest you to search the following files (dictionnary for US English):
En-us.tlx
En-us.clx

They should be inside a folder named "Dict"

Copy and paste the files, but change the names to

En-uk.tlx
En-uk.clx

Or whatever be the sublanguage needed by you. I know that Spanish for Argentina is SP-ar, modern sort spanish is sp-ms, Portuguese for Portugal is pt-pt, but I ignore which is your sublanguage, if that's were the problem.

Regards,

Clarisa

Oops, I forgot to mention that you have to copy the dictionary in your target language (be it English, Spanish, German or Urdu)

[Edited at 2005-09-06 03:51]

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 06:40
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mexican Spanish? Sep 6, 2005

Hi Clarisa,

I have the same problem and followed you advice. All I can find in my Dict folder for Spanish is "Sp-es", how can I get the dictionary for Mexican Spanish?

TIA!

Nora

Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 09:40
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Again, copy, paste and rename it! Sep 6, 2005

Nora Diaz wrote:

Hi Clarisa,

I have the same problem and followed you advice. All I can find in my Dict folder for Spanish is "Sp-es", how can I get the dictionary for Mexican Spanish?

TIA!

Nora

Copy both files Sp-es, paste them and rename them as follows:
Sp-mx
Sp-mx

It should work.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spell-checking in TagEditor doesnt function at all

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs