Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
'Microsoft Visual Basic' Run-time error '424' when starting Word 2003 with Multiterm 7
Thread poster: Caro Maucher
Phu Nguyen
Phu Nguyen  Identity Verified
Vietnam
Local time: 11:14
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
Thanks so much! Feb 29, 2008

nbrataas wrote:

Run-time error 424 occurs when Word is trying to activate Trados and/or MultiTerm menus, but fails to do so. One possible reason for the failure is corrupted template .DOT files.

First thing to try is to refresh copies of Trados7.dot and MultiTerm7.dot files to C:\Documents and Settings\[your user name]\Application Data\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP folder.
Copy these files from C:\Program Files\SDL International\T2006\TT\Templates and C:\Program Files\TRADOS\MultiTerm\Templates folders respectively and paste them to Word\STARTUP folder overriding existing files.

(from the SDL support site)

This worked for me)

[Edited at 2008-02-17 12:10]

------------
It's working and I had already overcome the problem!
Thank you so much for your help!

Francisco Perez
Francisco Perez
Spain
Local time: 05:14
English to Spanish
+ ...
Even simpler Mar 31, 2008

I simply closed Trados and Word, then went to the Task Manager and stopped the instance of Word that was still running (even after closing the application), and then it worked

Eric Bullington
Eric Bullington  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:14
French to English
+ ...
that did the trick! Oct 12, 2008

nbrataas's suggestion took care of the problem.

laoloup
laoloup
Canada
Local time: 00:14
English to Chinese
+ ...
Trados and MultiTerm templates corrupted Nov 7, 2008

I recently updated my Acrobat and guess corrupted the templates in the process. nbrataas's method worked like a breeze. Thanks.

Katherine Mérignac
Katherine Mérignac  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 05:14
Member (2004)
Three cheers for Antonin !! Nov 21, 2008

Antoní­n Otáhal wrote:

Close Word, delete normal.dot in ...Documents and Settings\[user]\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates, re-open Word, and the standard normal.dot will be automatically loaded. You have a good chance "your" error will not be there.

Thanks for taking the time to share this with us - what a relief!!

K

Clarisa Olives
Clarisa Olives
Argentina
Local time: 01:14
English to Spanish
+ ...
crosoft Visual Basic' Run-time error '424' when starting Word 2003 with Multiterm 7 Dec 23, 2009

Sorry to bother you with an old topic, but I found this thread when I was looking for a solution for the error that does not allow me to open any .doc. I guess it's related to Trados and Multiterm. Or perhaps something related to an Acrobat update I need to do to be able to create PDF files. The two mistakes appeared together, maybe by chance...
I've been facing the same problem Caro Giese stated here: every time I tried to open a Word file, this error message appeared, but I just clicked
... See more
Sorry to bother you with an old topic, but I found this thread when I was looking for a solution for the error that does not allow me to open any .doc. I guess it's related to Trados and Multiterm. Or perhaps something related to an Acrobat update I need to do to be able to create PDF files. The two mistakes appeared together, maybe by chance...
I've been facing the same problem Caro Giese stated here: every time I tried to open a Word file, this error message appeared, but I just clicked on "end" and could open it without problems. I've been working like this for about 1 year and a half. Unluckily, last week, I clicked on "end" but could not open any .doc file. The screen continued grey. I uninstalled Microsoft 2003 and reinstalled it trying to repair the error. Once again, the same error message but, like before, could open Word and worked as usual. Now, after a week, the screen is grey again and nothing happens. Reading your tips, I thought I could find a solution, but the problem is I cannot find Documents and Setting in my notebook This must be a silly question, but I cannot find it, really!

I would really appreciate your help!
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

'Microsoft Visual Basic' Run-time error '424' when starting Word 2003 with Multiterm 7

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »