Error Installing Tag Editor
Thread poster: boulba
boulba
boulba
Local time: 02:49
English to French
Sep 10, 2005

I have just bought Trados to instal on a new machine with Windows XP pro and office 2000.
Now, when I try to use Tag Editor it keeps telling me that it has reverted back to Demo Mode
"Instruction Ox00e70d4b uses memory address 0x0000007c. The memory cannot be read."
When loading up trados, I also get a runtime error "System32/Regsvr/32.exe. This appliation has requested the runtime to terminate in an usual way...Please contact applic's support team for more info"!!!
Can
... See more
I have just bought Trados to instal on a new machine with Windows XP pro and office 2000.
Now, when I try to use Tag Editor it keeps telling me that it has reverted back to Demo Mode
"Instruction Ox00e70d4b uses memory address 0x0000007c. The memory cannot be read."
When loading up trados, I also get a runtime error "System32/Regsvr/32.exe. This appliation has requested the runtime to terminate in an usual way...Please contact applic's support team for more info"!!!
Can anyone help please. I'm in limbo. this is the 4th time I've tried to unsinstall and reinstall, and can only load up the demo mode for Tag Editor.
Many thanks in advance
Collapse

Zsanett Rozendaal-Pandur
Zsanett Rozendaal-Pandur  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 02:49
Dutch to Hungarian
+ ...
Maybe this will help Sep 20, 2005

I have no idea if this will help, but sharing it can't hurt: i had a problem with TagEditor, which also involved a runtime error and the unusual termination. TE just crashed everytime i wanted to save a file. Then i did this: i went to Start menu, trados freelance 6.5, register trados freelance 6.5. After this i had to re-install the licence key (otherwise it would only run in demo mode), because of the changed registry entry, i assume. I have no idea what exactly happened in the registry, but T... See more
I have no idea if this will help, but sharing it can't hurt: i had a problem with TagEditor, which also involved a runtime error and the unusual termination. TE just crashed everytime i wanted to save a file. Then i did this: i went to Start menu, trados freelance 6.5, register trados freelance 6.5. After this i had to re-install the licence key (otherwise it would only run in demo mode), because of the changed registry entry, i assume. I have no idea what exactly happened in the registry, but TE has been working fine since i did this. Maybe it's something that'll help you too.

Good luck!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error Installing Tag Editor

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »