https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/36638-word_count_in_tag_editor.html

Word count in Tag Editor
Thread poster: prozuser (X)
prozuser (X)
prozuser (X)
German to English
Sep 12, 2005

When one translates a text using Tag Editor and the TARGET word count is to be taken for invoicing, what is the easiest and most certain way of getting the word count. The source and target documents are seen in the SAME file by clicking the flags of the two relevant countries. So how does one go about it? I am referring to Tag editor in Trados 6.5
Will appreciate any ideas. Thanks

laurenzze2000
laurenzze2000
Local time: 06:28
German to French
Word count Sep 13, 2005

Hallo,

ob man die Wörter direkt im TagEditor zählen kann, weiß ich nicht. Aber die Datei, die im TagEditor übersetzt wurde, kann mit dem Workbench/Extras/Analyse analysiert werden. Die Analyse gibt die Wortanzahl an.

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 21:28
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
English, pleeease Sep 17, 2005

I have the same question. I'm working on a 25,000+ document in TagEditor and would like to be able to do partial word counts as I go in order to see how much I've done and how much I've still got to go. I know I can analyze the ttx file to get a total word count, but what about partial word counts or only target word counts?

How can I do this?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word count in Tag Editor

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »