Thread poster: Natalya Zelikova
Natalya Zelikova
Natalya Zelikova  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 08:44
English to Russian
+ ...
Sep 13, 2005

I am working in TagEditor and almost each sentence contains names, which shouldn't be translated. These names are usually formatted as Bold font and sometimes tagged, so the best way for me to save the time is to copy source and type over the text, which should be translated.
But after I copy source all the letters of the text I am typing after the tagged text appear as tags too, i.e. each letter is typed as a separate opening tag.
Why is this happenning and what should I chanage in
... See more
I am working in TagEditor and almost each sentence contains names, which shouldn't be translated. These names are usually formatted as Bold font and sometimes tagged, so the best way for me to save the time is to copy source and type over the text, which should be translated.
But after I copy source all the letters of the text I am typing after the tagged text appear as tags too, i.e. each letter is typed as a separate opening tag.
Why is this happenning and what should I chanage in my settings?
Collapse

pcovs
pcovs
Denmark
English to Danish
I don't know why this happens Sep 13, 2005

But why don't you translate up to the tag - press Ctrl + Alt + (arrow down, for the first tag in the entire segment, and arrow right for following tags) to insert the tag - write the translation of the name and insert the end tag in the same way you inserted the first tag.

This is what I do, and I think it would also save you time in stead of copy-pasting it.

Natalya Zelikova
Natalya Zelikova  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Sep 14, 2005

I meant not copy-pasting, but a button "copy source", so it's really faster than copying and pasting.
May be I just can't explain it clearer, but I can't even understand exactly in what cases TagEditor behaves like this...
It seems like as soon as any tag is inserted in the target sentence further letters are typed as tags...

pcovs
pcovs
Denmark
English to Danish
Okay, then have you tried... Sep 14, 2005

...to do this:

* Copy source
* Move the cursor to just after the first letter in the name between the tags and start writing, deleting the first original letter only when done?

Maybe this would help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor: typing tags instead of normal letters

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »