Mobile menu

Urgent! Help with error message 50106
Thread poster: Débora D'Eramo

Débora D'Eramo
United States
Local time: 22:59
English to Spanish
Sep 16, 2005

I'm trying to analyse two xml files in Workbench but I get the following error message:
(50106) No matching settings file found
Please help me since I need to send the wordcount to the agency asap!
Thanks a lot!

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:59
English to German
+ ...
XML requires a DTD or schema Sep 16, 2005

Hi Débora,
By their very nature, XML files are specific to the structure defined by the author - hence, there's no such thing as a generic XML settings file.

Did you try entering the error number into the Trados Knowledge Base? This will lead you straight to KB Article 1379.

Best regards,
Ralf

Débora D'Eramo
United States
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks!!!! Sep 16, 2005

I'll see what happens. Thanks again!

Cristóbal del Río Faura  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TTX format Sep 17, 2005

Hi Débora,

You need to save the file in Trados Tag Editor format (ttx) before analyzing. To this, open the file in Tag Editor. If you have not been provided with a DTD, select one of the default DTDs proposed by Tag Editor. Once the file is open, save it by selecting “Save as bilingual”. This will give you a ttx file which can now be analyzed in the Workbench.

Regards,
Cristóbal

Germany
English to German
+ ...
Default DTDs may not accurately recognise XML tags/elements Sep 17, 2005

Careful here...
If you have not been provided with a DTD, select one of the default DTDs proposed by Tag Editor.

Although that's a workaround, the default DTD (usually the one for HTML) will probably not recognise tags/elements.

Trados 7 contains a utility that recognises the document structure.

Best, Ralf

Débora D'Eramo
United States
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
I'm still at a loss Sep 17, 2005

I downloaded ingen2 and altova, but ingen2 seems the easier one for a technology newbie like myself. The readme file iin ingen2 contains the following instruction:
Open a DOS prompt, and change current directory to the folder where these files are.
How can I "open a DOS prompt"? The rest of the instructions I get them but I don't know how to do this!
Thanks for your assistance!

Germany
English to German
+ ...
Are you familiar with XML? Sep 17, 2005

Hi again,
I downloaded ingen2 and altova, but ingen2 seems the easier one for a technology newbie like myself.

Are you familiar with XML? If you aren't, I'd be cautious as far as translating XML files is concerned.

The readme file iin ingen2 contains the following instruction:
Open a DOS prompt, and change current directory to the folder where these files are.
How can I "open a DOS prompt"? The rest of the instructions I get them but I don't know how to do this!

You haven't told us which operating system you use...
In most versions of Windows, Start - Run... - cmd opens a DOS shell. The change directory command is cd, followed by the directory.

HTH, Ralf

Débora D'Eramo
United States
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Ralf and Cristobal!!!!! Sep 17, 2005

I managed to create a dtd setting for the xml files. Now I'm getting the following error message when analysing the files in Workbench:
-217418113 Unexpected error when reading file
I'll try to figure out what the problem is by searching old posts, but if you know what is happening, I'd be most grateful.
Thanks again!

I'm using Trados Freelance 6.5.2.417 and Windows XP version 2002

[Edited at 2005-09-17 16:04]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Urgent! Help with error message 50106

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs